t w o

the next day, richie tozier was determined to get the pretty boy's name. he dressed in his nicest clothing; khakis, blackish grey boots and a light blue button up that had been sitting in the back of his closet, used only for special occasions.

in his opinion, this was a pretty special occasion.

when he had made it to his english class, he sunk down in his normal seat, gnawing on his fingernails anxiously and tapped his foot against the floor. he waited for the beautiful boy to walk in the room.

after a few minutes of waiting, the boy walked into the room, face sunken in and bruising covering his skinny legs that were covered in a pair of cheap sweatpants. richie took notice of how tired the poor boy looked however just brushed it off. maybe he just stayed up late.

richie watched the boy walk to his desk, pulling out the seat and sat down, arms crossed on the desk as a pillow for his head.

staring for a while longer, he put his plan into action; grabbing a piece of paper from his doodle-filled binder, he let the edge of the paper run across his thumb. there was a small wince of pain, only for a moment. his eyes fluttered and his nose scrunched up slightly before he inspected his injury. a small line of red cut drastically on his pale skin.

he pushed his chair back before making his way to the unknown boy's desk. his heart hammered in his chest as he wrung his hands nervously around each other.

"h-hi," his whole face turned the darkest red as his voice cracked, causing the boy to look up with his gorgeous brown eyes. his heart fluttered as he cleared his throat, starting again. "i need another band-aid."

the boy's eyes trailed down to richie's hand, holding back a smile when he saw the small cut the ran across his thumb. the boy grinned, taking notice of the blushing boy's cheeks. "of course."

pulling out a band-aid, he gently took richie's hand into his own like he had done the previous day. unwrapping the band-aid, he placed it down on the cut and smoothed it out with a smile. "there," he said softly. it reminded richie of the soft warbling of a bird. "all better."

"t-thanks," richie pulled his hand back, feeling tingles from where the boy's fingertips had touched him. he licked his lips again, "are you new? i-i've never seen you around before."

the angel of a boy nodded and richie watched the boy's brown hair bounce slightly. "just last week, momma let me discover the town for a bit before starting school."

richie missed most of what the boy was saying focusing on the boy's full lips as they moved. "t-that's good," his eyes suddenly went wide, forgetting to introduce himself. "oh i'm sorry, i'm richie."

"eddie." the newly dubbed eddie said with a charming smile that filled richie's tummy with butterflies. his voice was as smooth as silk and made richie weak in the knees. eddie; the named fit perfectly.

a few moments later, the bell rung and their teacher shooed everyone back into their designated seats. richie sent a longing look eddie's way but eddie was too concentrated on getting the homework out to see richie sigh softly, once again ignoring his friends who sat down beside him. they talked among themselves but richie didn't even spare them a glance, too caught up in eddie's sheer beauty.

his whole world was taken over by this one boy.

and, strangely, he didn't mind.

***

"you should have seen her today," richie sighed lovingly, tossing the football back and forth between ben and him. "she was wearing a cute red sweater and pair of sweatpants. her hair was like effortless, but still... clean. you know?"

ben snorted, throwing the ball back to the lovesick boy. "wow, she really has you wrapped around her finger, hun?"

"yeah," richie smiled lazily, paying no attention to the ball as it hit him in the face. "ow, fuck!"

he heard a giggle from the stands and looked up, rubbed his sore head and squinted. suddenly his eyes went wide when they landed on the tiny figure sitting alone in the stands, a science book in his hands. he dusted himself off and rubbed the back off his head sheepishly.

eddie waved to richie, who blushed waving back. he frowned, seeing two girls in the stands as well, scoffing at eddie.

eddie's bright expression dropped, as well as his hand.

"who's that?" ben asked, picking the ball off the ground. richie returned his attention to his friend, trying to play it off cool. however inside he was bursting at the seams with happiness.

"just someone from english," richie said nonchalantly, scuffing the grass with his shoes. ben raised an eyebrow, scanning the studying boy in the stands.

"he looks exactly like the girl you were describing-"

"what?! no! not even close, benny boy," he laughed nervously. "looks like someone else needs glasses too."

richie ignored ben's unconvinced gaze, clapping his hands together as he got ready, bending his knees and squaring his shoulders. "now, pass me the ball."