The box

Home alone finally.

I rarely get to watch television so late, but here I am. Flipping through channels a hand written sign being held by shaky hands catches my attention.

Richard Cunningham, age 32, Star.

Victim 1: Victoria Vincent. Last seen alive at a night club. Death: decapitation.

A video played. Why would they be showing this? I figured I stumbled across some sort of weird foreign movie channel that has very little limits. Because what was shown, should be banned.

A woman sat lifelessly tied to a chair. Blood was oozing out of an open wound spanning across her neck, duct tape spread across her lips. A man appeared in the back, he's holding a bat. The title screen said decapitation.....oh.

I've seen plenty of horror movies but this one takes the cake. The amount of force that was used to slam into the side of 'Victoria's' head had to be some sort of effect. The crunch of her skull, the blood splatter, it was too real. Effortlessly, the disembodied head rolled towards the camera. The man was still standing with the rest of the body as lifeless eyes seem to gaze into my own. I want to look away, I can't. Movement coming from the only living figure pulls my attention away from the head. What was he doing? A knife was pressed to the base of the bloodied neck as a slither of skin was slowly peeled off, only to be placed into a box.

After that gruesome display I was ready to flip to a different channel but Something was telling me to see this through. Morbid curiosity, perhaps?

Victim 2: Marcus Polanski. Last seen in his own home. Death: massive blood loss.

The camera cut away from the same hand written sign that initially caught my attention and peered into a man's shower. I felt awkward watching this but it was only a movie so a little nudity is always expected especially during late night programs like this.

Just like any generic horror movie scene, the killer opened up the shower curtain but Something seemed off. That scream, the face Marcus made....it was almost too genuine. A knife was pulled into view, predictable. What wasn't predictable however was the killer knocking the man out. Instead of stabbing him several times and having the camera pan to the blood washing into the drain, a wrist was grabbed. This killer he sawed through the flesh and bone of the victim. The sound of the knife against the bone made me physically ill. It was so real, the acting was phenomenal as well. Anytime Marcus woke up, he was knocked back out until finally, it was off. Just like the last, a piece of skin was removed as well and placed into a box.

Victim 3:

This time the title card was blank I assume that means that this was referring to a sequel. I wasn't quite ready for more so I tuned to a much happier channel. I was just about to turn off my television until a loud buzzing redirected my attention.

***We interrupt this television program for an urgent message***

Those were the words that flashed across the screen in Red. The text that followed made my blood turn cold.

Richard Cunningham, 32, suspect.

There he was the man that was the star of the movie I just watched, wanted for murder. There had to be some sort of coincidence. There was no way those murders were real, if they were....how did they end up on my tv? I had the sudden urge to check the locks on my doors, just to be safe. Whilst checking the front door I decided to look through the window on the door. Something caught my eye, stupidly I opened the door.

Now I have a box, a box and a problem.