Part 2- Pressure

It was just after summer break. Jade had started her first year at County High School. She had enjoyed it at first, but then the kids she was hanging out with started asking things of her. Left and right they were asking her for money and trying to convince her to do things that she knew were wrong. After, awhile of them asking, she gave in.

    One night she had snuck out to go to a party. She was only three beers in when things went hazy. Having never been drunk she didn't realize how incapacitated it would make her. There was no way she was going to be able to get past her mom's room without getting caught. Deciding against entering the front door she decided to go through the way she got out. Clumsily she crouched her way to her window. Pushing it up she threw her leg over the sill and tried jumping over. As she lay sprawled out on her bedroom floor, her bedroom light flipped on. Being drunk and trying to jump was not the best idea.

    Her mother stood glaring at her, "What were you doing out? No permission, past curfew." 

   Jade sighed dramatically. She was tired of being controlled whether it be from her peers or her mother. She was her own person. Crawling to her bed she lay face down.

    "Well, are you going to answer me?" her mother asked impatiently, "I've been worried sick, I went online earlier today to check how you've been in school. You're failing nearly all of your classes! You haven't been acting yourself lately. What's going on? I don't even know what to do with you anymore!" The more her mother rambled on the more she lost her willpower to stand strong with her wanting to be who she wants.

    "Mom," she said. "I'm sorry. I've just been so stressed with school, the kids at school always telling me what to do and you. I feel like you don't care about how I feel!" Jade lay propped up by her pillow as she cried, her emotions completely draining her as the alcohol set in her muscles.

    Her mother walked over to her, " Honey, I don't know what to say," she said. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jade couldn't respond, her tears became happy. Her mother was actually listening instead of telling her what she expects out of her. "I'll start looking into other schools tomorrow. I knew that school was no good for you," shaking her head, her mother got up. "We'll get this all cleared up honey, you're GPA will be back up in no time!" Her mother walked towards the door.

 Jade was so shocked she stopped crying. "Mom!" she suddenly yelled. 

   Her mom turned towards her with a furrowed brow she said, "Yes. Is there something wrong?" Jade stared at her. She watched on as she felt herself slowly empty of emotion. It was like her mother were controlling her with a remote and she a weekly viewer. 

   "No. Just wanted to say goodnight," she whispered.

    Her mother smiled, "Night sweety." Turning the light off; the viewer could no longer see.