Epilogue

“So it was Scarlett all along, I should’ve known.” Lauren’s eyes darkened, “I always knew there was something about her that wasn’t quite right, and with a pistol? How original.”

“Uh… Laur, it wasn’t her.” Camila told her gently.

“What do you mean!? I’m the detective here and according to my calculations-”

“You’re dead.”

“What!?”

“Looks like you’re losing your touch Detective.” Dinah snickered.

“No.” Lauren furrowed her eyebrows, “I could’ve sworn-”

“Look, see?” Camila held up the evidence displayed on a sheet of paper, “It wasn’t Scarlett. Sorry to tell you honey, but you guessed wrongly which means you’re dead.”

“This game is stupid.” Lauren threw her pencil down.

“Hey don’t complain, you were the one who wanted to play Cluedo in the first place.” Normani stated calmly.

“I made the wrong decision. This game is atrocious, there’s no plot, no depth and the characterisation is terrible.”

“Just because you lost.” Dinah mumbled under her breath.

“Sorry, did I hear you say something?” Lauren looked at her menacingly.

“N-Not at all.” Dinah swallowed nervously.

“That’s what I thought.” The detective stood up from her seat and stretched, “I’m going to grab some coffee, you want something, Camila?”

Camila shook her head, “I’m alright, thank you Laur.”

“Oh!” Dinah perked up, “While you’re there, would you mind getting me a cup of-”

“Sorry, can’t hear you.” Lauren cut her off lazily before exiting the room.

“Hey! Lauren!”

Camila chuckled at the childish behaviour from the two.

“How do you put up with that everyday, Camila!?” Dinah grumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is, how can you date that devil of a detective!?”

“Don’t call her that.” Camila told her sternly, “And Laur is…Laur. She’s… just…” She blushed, trailing off, “Yeah.”

“Woah.” Normani noticed the evident red cheeks, “You’ve got it bad.”

“Huh? No I I’ve always been like… this.”

“Yeah… you’ve got it reaaal bad but since you’ve been dating Lauren it’s gotten worse.”

“W-What?”
“Come on, I can hardly even mention her name before you start- Ah see, there we go.” Normani pointed at the wide smile that Camila was currently trying her hardest to hide.

“Oh sorry.” Camila bit her lip, “Is it a bad thing?”

Normani chuckled, “No I’m just saying that you seem to love her a lot. It’s cute how you still react the same way as the first day you fell in love with her even though it’s been months already.”

“Yeah… like smiling like a creep whenever one of us mentions her.” Dinah added.

“I do not!”

“You totally do. Look, Lauren.”

A smile automatically etched on her face before she realised that she had just proved Dinah’s point right. “Okay, try again. I definitely won’t do it this time.”