The Photos

Sallie and Hunter returned from their honeymoon a couple weeks ago to their new home that they purchased before their wedding and while away on their honeymoon had their family and friends help move their things in and get things set up. It was everybody's wedding gift to them so they didn't have to worry about it.

Sallie and Hunter promised each other that neither one of them would look at the photos without the other and since they had returned, they had gone straight back to reality and gotten all caught back up in their jobs and everything else, that they have forgotten all about the photos.

Family and friends have all been bugging the both of them to hurry up and show their honeymoon photos and so tonight, Sallie and Hunter finally made sure they would reveal their pictures to everyone.

Sallie was actually had put the USB Flash drive into their computer and was thinking of taking a peek to make sure their 'dirty' ones didn't show and before she could open the zipped file, she immediately closes the laptop after she heard Hunter come running up the stairs.

"Baby, you almost ready?" He asks as he runs into the bedroom.

"Almost." She states and stands up then puts her heels on and her earrings.

"Were you about to look at the photos?" He asks her.

"Nooooo." She lies.

"Uh-huh." He says unconvinced.

"Okay I was, but that was only to make sure the dirty pictures didn't show because my parents are gonna be here tonight to see them also." She points out to him.

"Alright alright." He agrees. "Well, let's look through them real fast and make sure they aren't in there because also, I have some pictures from my promotion at work that we have all already seen." He mentions.

"Okay. But we have to click fast also through the ones we will be showing because we promised we would wait to see them with everybody else tonight for the first time." She tells him.

"Deal." He laughs.

They begin walking towards the desk at the computer and right before she opens the laptop, they hear the doorbell go off downstairs and they look at each other as though they aren't sure what to do.

"Let's just have one of us come up here when it gets closer to the time and go through it quickly." She suggests.

"Sounds good babe." He smiles at her.

They head downstairs and greet their guests  and welcome them inside.

Jokes are being thrown around about how great their place looks because they all chipped in to create it all. Then everybody sits down at the elongated dinner table and start to eat.

The laughter and clinking from the eating utensils hitting the plates along with the glasses, filled the air.

Then during halfway into the dinner, one of Sallie's good friends asks to use the bathroom.

"Yeah of course." Sallie says. "But unfortunately you'll have to use the one upstairs because this one down here needs fixing." She mentions.

"Okay." Her friend says and starts making her way up the stairs into their bedroom towards their bathroom.

After she finished washing her hands, she noticed on her way out that the laptop was sitting right there in the open on their little desk they have a few feet from the bed, facing towards the window that looked out to the backyard with the flash drive sticking out the side.

She looked around a couple of times in the hall and downstairs to make sure that nobody was coming and after seeing the coast was clear, she quietly and yet quickly made her way over towards the desk where she opened the laptop and sat down.

Next, after finding the zip file folder labeled, 'Bahamas', she double clicked on it and opened it up with excitement in seeing at least the first few photos of their honeymoon.

The first photo she saw she couldn't make out what it was and thought it was probably one of those random ones that they hadn't realized they took of. Looked as though it was taken outside at night and with no flash on. So she clicked on the arrow to go to the next one and what she saw shook her to her core.

She froze. She was unsure what she was looking at. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Was this some kind of a prank or a sick twisted joke?! Was this part of a movie at least?

She knew she should close the laptop and forget what she just saw but she couldn't. She was in disbelief and just HAD to see if there were anymore. This couldn't be her good friends downstairs. They couldn't have done any of this that she is seeing.

Sallie and Hunter were too good of people who would never hurt a fly. How could they do these horrific, gruesome, stomach-turning, unspeakable things? This can't be real. Why were there so many of them though?

What were these pictures she was seeing even? Was that a woman's arm? Oh my god was that a finger? Somebody's hair? She'd seen enough yet, at the same time, she couldn't look away. Despite the nightmares she would receive from these images.

What does she do? Call the police? Scream? Confront her friends? Say something? Show anybody else?

She panicked even more as soon as she was startled suddenly by her boyfriend's voice while he was calling out to make sure she was okay as he made his way up the stairs.

She closed the laptop and hurried out of the room but tried to compose herself also.

Dismembered bodies......blood.....young couple's dead?

She begins to wonder, how well does she really know her friends?!?

I wonder what her friends WILL think once they see them...?????.....?????......

The story shall be published soon enough so don't worry about that. :) I just wanted to give you all a sneek peek though to one of my many scary/suspenseful/ thriller short stories.