Papi

"Papi, why doesn't the Alfa lead the pack when we move?"

"The Alfa must stay at the back to watch over us and make sure we all stay together. He must also be the last to say goodbye to our old resting ground."

••

"Papi, what are the sun and moon?"

"The sun is a beautiful goddess and the moon is a handsome god. The two love each other dearly and work together to keep us safe. Sadly, with the duty they have taken up, they can't see each other. The sun must rest while the moon watches and the moon must rest while the sun watches."

••

"Papi, do the sun and moon ever see each other?."

"They do, once ever hundred moons, for only a few seconds. It's that small amount of time they can see each other."

••

"Papi, what are the stars?"

"The stars are the spirits of fallen warriors. They go to the night sky to watch over us. The brighter ones are those who have done a great deed during their time on the land."

••

"Papi, is Mama and Mami up there?"

"Of course. They're right next to each other, waiting for us to join them. When are time comes, we will be up there right next to them."

••

"Papi, why does the land become cold?"

"The healer of the land must rest after taking care of us for so many moons. He always puts it right when he wakes up."

••

"Papi, why don't the foxes talk like us?"

"Every creature has their own tongue. If we all talked the same, then the hare would know when we were hunting them."

••

"Papi, why are you always so tired?"

"I spend so much time with an energetic little pup like you. I don't have as much energy as I used to."

••

"Papi, why did you have to go?"

••

"Papi, I will search for you in the stars."

__________

Hey guys! So this was a little idea I had of an old Wolf answering all of his grandchild's questions. I might actually draw this out, but who knows.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this and read on.