Chapter 1: Iliana Carnus

Long ago in the year of 1843, in a small village a young woman by the name of Iliana (Ill-ee-ah-nuh) Carnus (car-nus) was born. Her parents knew that she was destined for great things as soon as she looked in their eyes. Iliana's father, Greg, was an astronomer, and he was very smart. The people in the town always said that astronomy wasn't a job and that he had his head in the clouds. He always took Iliana to the mountain outside the town on summer nights to look at the beautiful view of the stars and space. Iliana always listened to her father and she respected him, so when the people of the town made fun of him she would stand up to her father. Iliana's mother, Mary, taught Iliana how to be kind and have manners, and how to clean and cook. She also taught Iliana how to fight. Greg and Mary took Iliana to the woods and taught her how to shoot a bow and arrow with perfect accuracy, they taught her hand to hand combat, and they even taught her how to use swords, knives, daggers, and spears. When Iliana was 5 she was a very kind and sweet girl but if you ever mad her mad you'd end up hurting. When she was 8 a boy named Markus Hall took her candy and she drop kicked him so hard he broke his left arm. When she was the age of 15 she was the village defender, she handled all the village affairs. She was like the sheriff. If anybody had a problem she would solve no matter what. She also handled any battles with enemies. Overall she was a beast. People began to think she was a witch, and the girls grew jealous. When she was 19 her parents went out of town to see a relative and on the way they were murdered. It took two weeks for the news to get back to Iliana and her village and when she found out she was devastated. Two years later she was still living in the village but she planned to move, so she told the chief of her village and he disagreed. Iliana had her rights to move and there were no laws forbidding her from it, and everyone knew that. Now that everyone knew of the news they criticized her every move; when she tried to solve problems they told her decision was unreasonable and crazy. The woman in the village grew hate for her and always talked about her for not having a husband. Every time she passed by the other villagers they always had a man or woman by their side, and they always laughed. Iliana grew tired and angry so she quit her job early. Iliana had tried to date but it never lasted. One day this girl Missy Pringleton was walking with her husband and she stopped and asked Iliana why she didn't have a man; "Where is your man Iliana? Oh I forgot you can't keep one." says arrogant Missy. She and her husband laughed. Iliana was so angry she decided to leave 3 months ahead of schedule. She ran for her house and she packed all her clothes and her things. She was about to leave but she noticed she forgot a basket of clothes by the river behind her house. When she got to the river there was a huge flash in the sky and she saw a huge black blob on fire and hit the mountain just outside of town. The people in town saw and they all panicked. The town mayor told everyone to go inside, and he'd get his deputies to go look. The deputies were too scared and wanted to stay inside with their families. Every hid inside but Iliana went to go up the mountain. She took the trail, and started to regret it but she knew that she was okay. When she got to the top she saw a huge shiny black ship. The latch on the ship unlatched and it came down, when it touched the ground someone was coming but she couldn't see through the fog. She saw a dark figure that looked like a man but she didn't see.