TITANOMACHY

The Titan War

In the beginning there was only Chaos. Out of the void appeared Night also known as Nyx who brought along emptiness, silence and the dark. Then, Love was born bringing along order. From Love emerged Light, followed by the earth, Gaea. Night alone created Doom ( Moros ), Fate ( the Moirai ), Death ( Thanatos ), Sleep ( Hypnos ), Dreams ( the Oneiroi ), Revenge ( Nemesis ) and all things that dwell in the darkness that haunts mankind. Gaea, the earth, alone gave birth to Uranus, the sky. Together they created the Cyclopes who had only one eye in the centre of their forehead, Hecatonchires who were born with a hundred arms and the Titans.
Uranus, unfortunately was a cruel father. He hated the Hecatonchires and Cyclopes, for he believed that they were so hideous that they shouldn't be allowed to wander the earth's surface so he imprisoned them, angering his wife, Gaea. She loved all her children and plotted against Uranus. She created a flint sickle for all her children to use against their father, but all her children were too frightened to go against their father, all but one extremely brave Titan. The Titan who would later be the mirror of his father.
Kronos was the youngest of all the Titans and the only one valiant enough to stand up to his father. Kronos ambushed Uranus as he slept that night, castrating him. Uranus' body created many new creatures and deities after being castrated, one of these deities was Aphrodite, who from Uranus' genitalia rose from the sea foam. It is unclear what happened to Uranus after this night; he either died, withdrew from the earth or was exiled to Italy. As he departed he bellowed:
"I curse you, I curse you to one day have the same fate as me. For your children to destroy your reign and destroy you!!"
Kronos then became the sovereign of Mount Othrys, a horrible king. For Kronos had let the Hecatonchires and Cyclopes free of their prison, only to throw them right back into the inferno of Tartarus because of his paranoia. Kronos feared his father's words greatly and was constantly anxious about his father's foretelling. And thus the Titanomachy began...

"Kronos my lord! Lady Rhea has given birth!"
Kronos felt a sudden chill hit his neck, a child, a potential threat to his reign. He was not going to be thrown off his throne by one of his children. Barging into the nursery he yanked the child out of his wife's hands.
"Her name is Hestia" is the whispered response from his wife.
He can't help but feel absolute disgust at the creature in his arms. She is small, weak, and yet he would not allow such a small creature to destroy him. Looking into the child's eyes he feels a sudden warmth wash over his body, he felt at home. No, he refused to feel any positive emotions towards the child. He felt repulsed by the child in his arms. He loathed the child so much that he had to dispose of it.
So he opened his jaws and swallowed the child whole. Rhea gasped.
"Kronos! What was that for?!"
"No child of mine will destroy me"
Kronos continued devouring his children. Each time he opened his jaw to eat another Rhea became even more enraged at her husband. Five children had now been consumed by the wary Kronos. Hestia; who felt like the hearth at home, Hades; a boy cold to the touch, Hera; powerful and divine, Poseidon; a destructive boy who yearned to cause mayhem and Demeter; a fair girl with a strange obsession with bread.
Rhea had grown tired of Kronos eating her children and wished that she'd never have to go through the agonising pain that hit her liver whenever she watched Kronos have a feast on her beloved children. But, she was once again with child.
"My ladies, we cannot let Kronos consume another of my children. We must work together to avoid this horrifying ordeal."
Rhea and her ladies prepared themselves over the next few months. They were ready.
When it was time for Rhea to finally give birth she hid in Crete and refused to inform Kronos of his child until she was ready to put the plan into action. She had named the child Zeus, a mighty child whose power sparked his surroundings. This was it. Zeus was definitely the child that would overthrow Kronos. The child that would destroy Kronos' rule of Mount Othrys. The boy who will be a better king than Kronos ever was.