Chapter 17

(Tori's POV)

Caleb came over early Sunday morning and waited for me get ready. I showered, threw on my robe and walked into my room where he was sitting on the bed playing with my horrible guitar.

"Oh gosh, that thing has never worked properly!" I said kind of embarrassed because I'm sure his guitars are worth 100 times more than mine and he can actually play there whereas I cannot.

"It's a nice starter, I tuned it for you! Hope you don't mind," he plucked each open string and then went into an elaborate song he was probably making up off the top of his head. It sounded perfect, like the guitar was brand new! Then he asked, "Can I play you something?" 

"Sure! Well can I be not naked first? Haha," I said walking over to my closet and pulled out my 2 favorite dresses. One was a simple, tight, black, silk dress and the other was a pink and purple flowery one. I turned and help them up for Caleb to see. "Which one?"

He looked down at his outfit and tried to figure out which dress would look best with it. He was wearing black dress pants and a dark red shirt. He pointed to the black one so I went in and put it on with some skin colored leggings. Then, I dried, straightened and finally curled my hair. 

"Okay! I'm fully clothed! Play away," I said as I pulled up my rolley computer chair and prepared myself 

"Haha okay, well I just wrote this last night so it's really rough. Here it goes," he started out picking a few strings and then started singing,

"She doesn't know a thing about the real world but she knows all of it's sins.

So she closes her eyes to make it stop and let the healing begin.

Still she doesn't understand why nobody will love her now.

                 *skips to the end of the song*

I know she's trying so hard to be beautiful,

Don't ya know, don't ya know

You make me smile look at ya."

He only looked up at me once or twice while he was singing. He played the final chord looking at the ground then looked up and smiled at me. It was seriously a movie moment. I didn't know what to say.

He set the guitar aside and asked, "Soo, do you like it?" Instead of answering his question directly I decided to answer him how I did the first day we met. I stood up, grabed his hand to help him up, closed my eyes and kissed him lightly. I could feel his mouth move into a smile and said, "You know I wrote it about you right?"

"I love you, Caleb"

"I love you, too, Tori."