Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 4 - Truth Or Dare, Fuckboy?

Eliana stood with two drinks in her hands, looking at us with a scowl.

Miles gazed at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes. "We were just dancing. And I think Faye was enjoying herself."

I stressed at my bottom lip with my teeth and shook my head. I actually had enjoyed it but that wasn't something I would ever confess to him. It was wrong, the whole situation. He was my best friend's older brother and definitely not someone I should take interest in.

"No, I did not enjoy it," I mumbled quietly, pretty sure he couldn't hear my shaky voice over the thumping music.

He stepped even closer to my flustered body. "What was that?"

I tried to ignore how tall he was – that he had to bend down completely to reach my level – because that would only make me find him even more interesting. I also tried to ignore how good he smelt and how the feeling of his cheek against mine made me weak in the knees.

I gulped and took a step back to create space between us while Eliana scolded, "Miles, go find someone else to dance with who's not your little sister's friend."

Miles scoffed, reaching up a hand to push back the dark brown locks from his forehead. "Whatever." He twirled around and soon got sucked up in the hordes of people.

Eliana gave me a strained smile and placed the red plastic cup in my hand. "Here you go."

"Thanks," I mumbled and took a sip. My traitorous mind refused to stop thinking about her brother. I couldn't understand the effect he had on me – I never looked twice at guys. Okay, maybe I did from time to time. But not in this way.

"Why do you look all flustered?" Eliana asked over the brim of her cup. "Please don't tell me you actually think my brother is hot."

I shrugged. "No reason. I need to use the bathroom."

She laughed and caught my hand, playfully squeezing. "I'm so proud of you! Your first real party and you don't want to leave within the first hour."

I stuck my tongue out to her.

"Put that back in, it's totally red from drink," she said with a crinkled nose.

"So, bathroom?" I reminded her.

"Sure and then maybe we could join the group playing truth or dare."

My stomach dropped and I instantly got uneasy. I had played truth or dare before but not on this level. Not with alcohol and hot boys involved.

Noticing my hesitation, Eliana smiled softly. "You don't have to play, you know. But at least keep me company?"

"Okay," I quickly agreed, not about to argue on that one.

Evan's house was incredibly, almost ridiculously, big and I couldn't for the life of me understand what someone needed a house like this for. We found a vacant bathroom upstairs, finished our business and went back down to the first floor again.

Eliana steered me over to a group of couches in a corner and confidentiality squeezed down between two guys I hadn't seen before. I was left standing awkwardly by the arm of one couch, glancing over the people gathered around. Evan was there and so was Pete – besides them, I couldn't recognize anyone.

My breathing hitched as my eyes landed on Miles' lean figure resting on the wide armchair farthest back, a very gorgeous girl sitting on his lap. He hadn't seen me, or perhaps he simply didn't acknowledge me, but I took the opportunity to shamelessly study him. I watched him press his lips to the girl's neck, right below her ear, and hated the ugly feeling that bloomed in my stomach. It was completely uncalled for.