Chapter 9: The Ugly Truth

(Mark's POV)

Linkin did find us, but surprisingly, he didn't get mad. He actually apologized to us both. I guess he thought about everything.

"Can you guys forgive me?" He asked.

I nodded, and Levi did after a minute. My mom had always taught me to forgive someone, especially when they tell you they were wrong against you.

The next day at school, I was at basketball practice. Levi was in volleyball, so he was in the gym with us.
Afterwards, I started towards the locker room, just to get my clothes...

(Levi's POV)

I had gone to my gym locker, where I'd put my Geometry II homework. As I shut the locker, I felt three pairs of hands grab me. They were some of Mark's basketball buddies!! It was Tyler Falcon, Eddie Lockridge, and his best friend, Jordan McClain.
Not this again... This would be the fourth time this week. If this kept going on all week, I'll have to buy some more concealer.

"Let me go!!" I gasped, scared.
"Shut up!" Tyler yelled, putting a hand over my mouth.

They put me in a corner and began to punch, kick, and hit me. They weren't done there. Next, they took me to the boys' locker room, where they usually took me. But this time, they were doing something new.
They were pushing me towards the showers, which would ruin my papers and books if they were to throw my backpack in it too.
They turned on the water and tore off my volleyball outfit. I was thrown in and my bag was too. I forgot that it was waterproof. I was able to trick my dad into getting one, dating that my papers were getting wet on rainy days.
After they felt like it was enough, they began laughing.

"What should we do now, Jordan?" Tyler and Eddie asked, smiling.
"I may have an idea..." Jordan grinned.

(Mark's POV)

I went inside the locker room, only to hear multiple laughs and male cries. I went to the source...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh my God. I couldn't believe it. My best friend, along with his, were hurting my sweet boy.

"YOU SONOVABITCH!!" I yelled, tackling Jordan to the ground. "You think you can just hurt him behind my fucking back?! You bastard!!"

Some coaches came in and had to split us up.

"Mark, what is the meaning of this?!" They demanded.
"These motherfuckers were hurting my fucking boyfriend!! I wasn't gonna let that slide, coach!!"

He then looked over into the shower, where Levi was. I immediately grabbed one of the large towels and wrapped it around him. He hugged me tightly, scared and crying.

"Shhhh..." I soothed. "It's okay now, I'm here..."
"M-Mark..." he cried.
"How long has this been going on, sweetheart?"
"Five months..."

It fucking hit me. No wonder he had been buying so much concealer... I'm such a fucking idiot... Why did I just now realize?

"I'm so sorry, baby," I sniffled, on the verge of crying. "I wish I could've known sooner..."
"I'm s-sorry for- *hic* -not telling you..." He sobbed, hiccupping in between.
"Don't be. You knew I'd have done something stupid had I'd known. You were right."

I just held him until I noticed his shivering. I got a tank top and shorts of mine and gave those to him to wear for now, at least until I can get him home. I was really nervous on how Linkin was gonna take this...

(Linkin's POV)

I was sitting at home, reading the newspaper, until I saw Mark's car swerve into the driveway. He took Levi out of the car, who was had some of Mark's clothes on and was soaking wet. What had happened?!

"Mark?! What happened!?" I demanded, with the others following me outside.
"I'll explain in a minute," he replied quickly. "He needs to be patched up first."

Afterwards, I pulled him into the hall to talk.

"Well?"
"*sigh*... It was after practice, and I had gone to go get some things from my football locker. I heard laughing and masculine cries. I soon figured out that... That they had stripped him and soaked him in the showers. I beat the shit out of Jordan, until the coaches stopped me."

I was pissed now. So were the others.

"Who did it," I demanded.
"My now ex best friend, Jordan, and his two buddies. And it's already being dealt with, so..."
"Alright..."

(Mark's POV)

As I walked back to Levi's room, I thought of how much shit he's been through. I'm also wanting to know why he didn't tell me... Well, probably because he didn't want to ruin mine and Jordan's friendship. Understandable, but this was worse than me losing him as a friend.
I decided that I wanted to do something nice for him. Take him on a date to ease off some of the stress. So, I walked into his room and shook him a little.

"Leviiiii..." I whispered.
"Wha?" he mumbled sleepily.
"I have an idea."
"What?"
"You wanna go on a date to ease off some stress?"
"Mff.. sure. Just let me wake up a little first. 'Kay?"
"Alright."

About thirty minutes later, she was ready. He was wearing this adorable pink pastel sweater and some jeans. Even though it was meant for girls, he was rocking it. He looked so cute!! Just look at the outfit!!

 He looked so cute!! Just look at the outfit!!

I loved it when he wore his pastel sweaters. They just suit him. As we got in the car, I turned on the radio. The song was Beautiful by NF. (Refer to song at the top of the chapter) I looked at him as it played.

"So where are we going?" he asked.
"I was thinking we could go play some arcade games at Dave and Buster's, then go out to eat. You wanna do that?"

He nodded. The song began to fade as I drove nearer to Dave and Buster's...