💞 2 💞

I feel it. He is close. My nails dig into my brother's arm as I smell him. "Cologne, peppermint, and sour strawberries. The candy kind that I like." I whisper as he looks at me funny. Then my brother, Nico, grins.

"Baby sister has a mate. I wonder if he----." He stops. Then he sniffs the air.

"That good cologne, the fancy kind, laundry soap, and chocolate. The really expensive kind." My brother smiles and disappears as I follow the scent to a boy. I know it. My wolf races to the surface, threatening to take over. I feel his wolf.

I smile. The boy has brown-blonde hair, brown eyes and a tan. A perfect tan.

He looks up and smiles at a girl. The school whore. She wraps herself around him and looks up at me and smirks.

I sigh and walk away, to the MMA class I got the principal to agree to. At least a hundred and fifty students signed up for it on the first day instead of having a study hall.

I change into my black spandex shorts, a black sorts bra and then I go out. Everybody is stretching and I do a few laps before stretching and getting ready.

My best friend and I are first.

"Ready?" I ask her. She nods and throws the first punch. I duck and jab her in the side. She winces and I stop. "Let me guess, your father." I growl low in my chest. She slightly pales and nods.

"We're done." I growl loudly enough for everybody to hear. then I pull her back into the locker rooms and we change back into our cheer leading uniforms. We pick our books up and go too the nurse's office.

She sets her books down and shows the nurse the bruises littering her chest. I growl and my wolf starts to surface. If I let her gain control now, everybody will die.

I press my arms across her wounds, trying to ignore her hiss of pain, and I heal her, giving myself the wounds she already has. I take a deep breath and try to not worry about the pain. "I'll just say I go the bruises from MMA." I shrug at my best friend in the whole wide world.

She nods and touches the bruises. They don't even hurt. She wipes her hand across it and they instantly fade, reappearing on the nurse. "You will say that you tripped and fell down the stairs." Isabella, my best friend tells the nurse. She uses compulsion on her. The nurse nods and we leave, going to cheer leading practice.

"Two laps ladies." Our coach says. We start jogging with the rest of the team around the football field as the football team starts stretching in the middle.

"Damn the new guy is hot." Isabella mutters. "He's my mate." I whisper. She looks at me, horrified. "Um, did you know that he has already hooked up with Jennifer, the school slut?" Isabella asked

I take deep breaths and continue with my laps in silence. Then we start to stretch. Then we start.

"Five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. And one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three." By the time coach finishes, I am on the top of the pyramid and holding my one leg up. I am thrown up in the air in a twist, and I am dropped onto the ground because one girl decided that talking to Jennifer is more important than catching a girl is about fifteen to twenty feet in the air.

I cry out in pain for a second, then I stand up without any help, I turn the girl around, and I punch her in the face. She goes down like a rock falling from the sky.

"Anabeth, baby girl, next time you don't pay attention and I get dropped on my head, I will beat the shit out of you, okay?" I say sweetly. She barely nods before groaning.

Then practice continues. She ignores her friends, knowing that if I get dropped again, she won't ever get a boyfriend again. I can make sure of that.

"Okay ladies, on lap and you can go home." Coach says. Isabella and I race. I, of course, beat her. She groans and hands me five dollars.

Then we grab our bags and walk to my car. "Wanna go to your house to get ready for the party or mine?" She asks.

"Mine. My mom bought us dresses." My mom buys us the best dresses.

We race to my house and after she gets out of her car, she slaps five dollars into my hand before following me into the house.

"Nattie, is that you?" My mother yells. "Yes, mother. Isabelle is here too." I yell back.

"Isabelle, sweetie. The dress rack is in Nattie's room. she will be up in a moment. Nattie, please come here, darling." Mother yells back. I sigh and hand Isabelle my bag before going to find my mother. She sits in the living room with a couple and my mate.

She pats the spot next to her and I sit down and cross my legs, I am still in my cheerleading outfit. It is the only time I ever cross my legs.

My mate stares at my chest.

"Nattie, please meet Zachary Gonzalez, and his parents, Evangeline and Jack Gonzalez." Mother introduced them and I stand back up, shaking their hands, not reacting when I shake Zachary's hand.

He faintly smiles. I sit back down and smile at the family. "Nattie, since you are a royal. You know where your mate is at every moment in time. Where was your mate last night?" Mother asks.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, concentrating.

My mind fades and so do the sound of their voices.

"Zach. Zach. Zach." Jennifer moans. They are having sex.

My eyes flash open and I can feel my wolf rising to the surface. I feel myself starting to shift and I push it down.

"Mother, may I go get ready for the party now? I don't wish to speak anymore." I speak through my teeth. She nods and dismisses me. I feel Zachary's eyes on me as I walk out of the room. I run up the stairs and go to my room.

Isabella is putting on a pretty purple dress. She hands me a fire red dress and I slip into it, making sure it is short enough for me to be allowed entry into the party.

Then I slip into the heels and do my makeup. I do my hair and then turn to Isabella. She smiles and we walk downstairs together.

My mother looks a little mad, but I don't care.

"We are going to a stay the night party. I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I walk towards the door.