.nine.

.nine.

Rather than reacting negatively like Sun thought he would, given the situation at the Verde Valle training grounds, Yixing only cleared his throat quickly and dropped his gaze to the ground, refusing to look either of them in the eye. Ernesto was confused by the whole situation, since he had no idea what was happening and Sun had assured him that there was nothing between her and Yixing anymore. But Sun knew it well. Things between her and Yixing were far from solved. 

"I'm really sorry." He muttered to them in Korean before turning and rushing out of there before either Sun or Ernesto could say anything.

"Yixing wait--" Sun tried to call him back, and she tried to go after him.

But Ernesto grabbed her arm gently, holding her back. "What's happening, Sol?" He asked her, full of confusion, his thick accent poking through his words in English. "I don't understand."

She bit down on her lip, and then turned back towards her date. Maybe it was for the best that Yixing saw them. He already knew that Sun had started seeing Ernesto. She wasn't doing anything wrong by seeing other people while she and Yixing were no longer dating. He had decided it that way. But then--deep down--her heart broke for him. She wanted to go find him and reassure him that everything was okay. That she still loved him, because she did. Ernesto was a wonderful person who adored her and he reminded her so much of Yixing. He was such an innocent and trusting person. Sun really liked him, but she didn't quite love him.

"Nothing Ernesto." She replied to him, forcing a small smile onto her lips.

He smiled, oblivious to everything and he took her by the hand, leading her back to the party. He took her to his circle of friends who were sitting at one of the main tables, closest to the front. Some of them were with their wives or girlfriends, and Ernesto waved happily at all of them. They were his team mates who made comments to him in Spanish, teasing him playfully about his new girlfriend. Sun understood most of it and smiled shyly. At the same, she tried to keep an eye out for Yixing. But he was nowhere to be found. The other EXO boys were sitting at their own table, enjoying the party together, accompanied by their girlfriends.

"This is Sol, but you already met her at the training ground today." He explained to them shyly in Spanish. 

"We know who she is." His best friend Angel--Chelo--said with a wink in Spanish. Then in English, he added, "Lately all you can talk about is her. Sol this, Sol that." He didn't say it in a tone of complaint, but rather continuing to tease his best friend. He wanted Sun to know how much he liked her.

By Chelo's side was a young woman who Sun assumed was his wife or girlfriend, and in her lap was a little girl that resembled the two of them. For an instant, Sun couldn't help but think that they both looked so young to be parents. If they were the same age as Ernesto, then they were probably around the same age as her too. 

"She's so cute and small." She gushed with a friendly smile.

At that, Ernesto agreed with a nod of his head and a playful grin as he wrapped an arm around Sun's waist. He pulled her closer to him, which was something a bit difficult to manage considering he had to balance himself on his crutches with his other arm. In that night alone, he had managed to drop his crutches at least ten times, and almost lost his balance another ten times. Sun was afraid he would fall any moment now, but she was willing to catch him if necessary. 

"The better to hold her in my arms." The football player said in response to the comment.

"We need to go on a double date before she returns to her country. Its not every day we see Ernesto liking a girl this much. Normally he's tried to keep football as his main and only focus." Chelo commented, and his wife agreed with a nod of her head.