just a kid [PART TWO]

THIRD PERSON

  He stared in- awe? Was it awe? If it was, it would be hard to tell what kind of awe and at what.

   The way she had almost bested him.

   The fact that she was Stan's.

   Or the very obvious fact that was just how gorgeous she was.

 "You seem confused." (Y/N) paused, biting her lip with a few nerves. Mitch gaped for a little longer, shaking his head.

   "Sorry, it's just- Stan said I was here to watch his- kid."

 (Y/N) chuckled a little bit, nodding. "Sorry about that. It's rare for him to actually admit to himself how old I actually am."

   Mitch raised an eyebrow. "And how old is that?"

 "25." She nodded.

   Mitch cursed at himself at the relief that set through his heart at the sound of her age.

 (Y/N) let out a deep breath, still slightly winded from what had just happened. "Um- breakfast? It's early, but I can only imagine what time my dad asked you to be here."

  Mitch let a smirk fall onto his lips, before slowly nodding. 

 She smiled in return and turned around, heading out the door towards the kitchen awkwardly.

   This was Mitch Rapp? The brooding, disrespectful, man that her dad talked about? This was nothing as she had imagined. (Y/N) had pictured a man like her father, except somehow cruder. She didn't, in a million years, think Mitch Rapp would turn out to be some Abercrombie-model gone assassin who's muscles were very much real. And she was to control herself for a week while her dad was gone? Around Mitch? Hell, what did she know, Mitch could be with someone- let alone even hardly find interest in her.

   Mitch followed behind (Y/N) and had to pinch his thumb every time he found himself glancing down at the bottom of her leggings. 

   This was Stan's kid? Kid? Mitch would definitely have to call bullshit on the man for referencing the goddess of a daughter he had as 'kid'. Mitch had been picturing, all morning, some high-pitched, annoying child- not a dangerously gorgeous woman, who was actually dangerous. And he was supposed to control himself all week with no Stan around? Hell, he didn't even know if she would even be up for anything, she could have some college boyfriend for all he knew. Mitch was hoping she didn't.

   Eventually, the kitchen came into view, as did (Y/N) bending over to grab a pan. Mitch chewed the inside of his cheek, almost annoyed. It seemed as if she was trying to start something. Mitch knew he had to act somewhat civilized and push down every animal instinct that told him to grab her by the hips and kiss her like he meant it. 

   "So, (Y/N)-" Mitch began, catching her attention for a moment, before she looked back to the eggs she had grabbed. "25, what exactly are you doing with your life?"

  (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows at the question, but shrugged and began to answer anyways. "Well, I was going to go to college, but for a while my da- Stan, convinced me to take up some skills, some classes. You know, for times just like this. And I did, I was good- but it seems I just wasn't made for it. So, I work behind the scenes. Digging, decoding, encrypting- all of it. Stan hates it and calls it wasted potential, but I call it safety. Or, it used to be."