00: Their Friendship

It was on the first day of school. Well, not officially the first day, but rather, the Entrance Exam day.

Some kids were confident in their abilities, some were not.

Although not very outstanding as of now, a unique girl stood before the gates with full confidence. Why not be confident? She'd been training for years to enter the UA and become a hero.

A small smile adorned her pinkish lips as she remembered her mom's best wishes, and her dad's "good luck" hug. "I won't let them down now," her determination skyrocketed as she thought, ready to charge in at any moment.

"What are you waiting for?" the loud voice of Present Mic echoed everywhere as he urged the students to step inside the exam zone. "Go in!"

Along with many other hero-wannabes, she stormed inside, excitement and adrenaline fuling her as she ran as fast as she could, spotting a three-pointer.

"It's my lucky day today, isn't it?" She grinned as she slammed her palms against each other, making a loud noise due to the harsh contact, as she pointed her arms at the three-pointer. "Begone!"

And within a few second, the robot has vanished into thin air and was nowhere to be found.

"Now, let's have some more fun!"

● • ● • ● • ● • ●

Confidence? Something this boy didn't have to worry about. He smirked as he waited for the countdown, which never came. Instead, Present Mic loudly declared the beginning of the exam, causing everyone to hurry inside.

The first two minutes went by and his score was a solid zero. Of course, he was going to change that. It was intentional of him. After all, that's how his quirk worked.

He saw a girl hide the existence of a three-pointer, and grinned in victory. "Her, I want that."

He did not waste any more time as he strode over to her, touching a few strands of her hair. She looked at the stranger with confusion, watching as he mimicked her movements, pointing at a two-pointer. "Begone," his smooth voice ordered out loud as she looked at him with both confusion and surprise, watching as he used the exact same quirk as hers.

"No way," she said, a bit too loudly, "we have the exact same quirks!"

"Nah," he said with another smirk, which suited his handsome face all too well, "I borrowed your quirk. It seemed useful."

"Huh?! You copycat! Give me my quirk back!" she silently threatened him with her fist, fuming with anger.

He chuckled whole-heartedly, looking at her with his blue, captivating eyes. "Don't worry, you still can use it. Just lemme borrow it, M'kay?" He patted her head with an artificial smile. She rolled her eyes at him as she chuckled.

"'Kay, blondie. Just 'cuz I pity ya." She returned his artificial smile, which soon turned into a smirk.

"Monoma Neito," he said as he pointed at another two-pointer, smiling.

"Not very nice to meet'cha, blondie. I'm (L/n) (Y/n). You can call me by my first name, I don't really care," she said as she pointed at a one-pointer next to the two pointer Neito was aiming at, both simultaneously yelling out, "begone" then grinning at each other.

"Call me Neito, not blondie. I have a name for a reason. " He winked playfully.

"Ew, it winks," she commented at his wink, laughing. "Don't 'winky-face' me, blondie."

"Mind you, this is the wink of a model," he said dramatically yet pridefully, placing a palm on his chest.

"Ew, times two." She stuck her tongue out at him. "Let's get working, you don't want us failing now, do ya?"

"I was born to succeed."

"And I was born to laugh at your failures."

"Seems like we're getting along just fine, and we just met," he stated. "Good to meet a friend here. Don't fail on me, okay?"

"Fail on you? Let's see who's failing on the other, copycat."

"So it's on?"

"Hell yeah, it is."

• ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

"(Y/n)! You got a letter from the UA!" (Mother's/name) yelled from downstairs, busy cleaning the house.

"Coming~!" said the hurried (Y/n) as she jumped downstairs, grabbing the letter with excessive enthusiasm as she bolted towards her room upstairs, barely able to keep her squeals.

"Congratulations, young (L/n)!" the NO.1 hero, All Might, suddenly said, beaming brightly at said female. "You have succeeded in the Entrance Exam, with a total score of 62 points. What a great score! Way to go, young (L/n).  Welcome to UA! Oh, and also, your friend has also gotten in, so celebrate wholeheartedly!"

'My friend?'

'Oh, he means Neito. Too bad, I won't get to tease him for failing. Oh well! At least I will have a friend at my new school.'

"Mom,~ I got into UA!" (Y/n), once again, jumped downstairs and into the arms of her baffled mother, screaming about how she got into UA with her friend.

Sounds like this UA is going to be fun, isn't it?