Chapter 1: The get away

*Alex's pov*

While I was for sure my mom was asleep i jumped up from my bed and grabbed a big bag from my closet as quiet as i could.

I packed as many clothes as i could fit in the bag, (which was all of them) and some small stuff like my bathroom stuff then zipped that bag up and grabbed another one.

I packed all my electronics and make-up and drawings and just everything i could carry except for the big stuff. then right before i was about to leave my room i looked back and saw a picture on my night-stand of me, my mom, dad and brother. i grabbed it and packed it in bag then swung my school bag over my shoulders and grabbed my other two bags by the door into my one hand for now. I had my phone held in my hand tight ready to call my best friend Maddie when I was ready to.

I opened my bedroom door quietly and looked down at my phone, my thumb hovering over the call button. When i heard a loud squeaking sound from the wood from under my feet my eyes widened with fear. I looked left then right and no sign of my mom. I was now in the kitchen and ready to race to the door when I was tackled to the ground. My phone flew across the floor, as did my bags while i stayed on the ground with my mom pinning me down and slapping and hitting me. I screamed as she reached for a knife on the island int he middle of the kitchen. I could smell the strong vodka on her. "MADDIE!!!" i screamed for no reason, because maddie couldn't hear me. i never pressed the call button.

*Maddie's pov*

I groaned as I heard my phone ringing on my night stand. i grabbed it and got up. "Why is Alex calling at 1:49 am?" I mumbled to myself and i pressed answer anyways. "What do you want miss-" I couldn't finish when i heard screaming, cries, yelps, slaps and hitting. "MADDIE!!!!" I heard her yell "O-oh my god!" i screamed slipping on a jacket and some shoes, then raced out and grabbed my car keys and ran to my car while my father yelled for me to come back or asked what i was doing. i ignored him and drove off full speed towards alex's house.

I got there as fast as i could just in time to see her mom with a knife in her hand about to stab Alex. I grabbed a frying pan and hit her mom with it, knocking her out cold. 

Alex got up with lots of bruises and red marks and a couple of cuts and a lot of tears. she grabs her stuff and her phone, hugs me super tight. But i just grabbed her by her wrist and dragged her out of the house before her mom wakes up. she got in the other side of the car and i got in the drivers side, taking no time and just driving out of there.

I drove back to my dads and we both walked in. My dad knew exactly what happened and gave us both a hug. Alex sobbing and shaking I showed her to my room and made her all comfy and stuff and set her stuff under the bed in my room. (I have an extra bed in my room for stuff like this). I walked back out to where my dad was to say goodnight. he gave me a big hug. "Next time bring me okay?" he asked but i shook my head. "there wont be a next time daddy." i said and he smiled.

I went back into my bedroom to see Alex fast asleep on the extra bed in my room, i slid into the covers into my bed, I texted Adam and Jason what happened and then turned my phone off and set my phone on the night stand and not to long ago fell asleep.