Chapter 5

"So, you've been talking about personal problems with a stranger?" Mabel asked, while glancing at her milk-shake. Dipper thought about it for a few seconds, the way his sister put it made it seem, well, quite reckless. After all, he truly did not know who actually was the person behind the walls.

"Wow. You make it sound like a dumb idea"

"It sounds like a romance movie," she laughed. Her brother couldn't hold his laugh as well. In any other situation, if he ever considered the option, he would blush, but anything related to falling in love with someone whose face he's never seen was, definitely, far from reality.

"It sounds like you don't know me," Dipper giggled, standing up, "Come on"

"But now?"

"Mabel, I don't think there's anything else to do," he glanced at the big windows of the fast-food, and sighed, he had no idea of the exact time, but he was very aware it was absurdly late. "I don't know about you, but I'm going home"

"And you're going to leave me here by myself?"

"You have a car. Drive yourself home," Dipper crossed his arms. He, deep down, was aware he wouldn't be able to actually leave her by herself, not when he knew she was going to keep on ranting about it for weeks, even months if she didn't forget about it soon.

After a long silence of her, mostly glancing, philosophically, at her milk-shake, when Dipper was close enough to give up, and spend the night drinking milk-shakes with his sister, she shrugged and stood up, "I guess you're right, bro-bro"

********************

"I mean," Dipper sighed, falling into the bed, "She didn't remember I had the dreams, you know, it's... I don't know, it's weird. I think there might be something happening" 

"What do you think?" Wirt asked, "What could possibly be happening?" 

"I don't know... But, she would remember something like that, wouldn't she?"

"How am I supposed to know? She is your twin, not mine"

"She always remembers everything. And I also remember everything about her, I even remember all the crushes she had, and boy, she had many"

"Look, I get that you weren't expecting that, but you shouldn't be so upset. People forget sometimes"

"No, you are not understanding what I'm trying to say," Dipper sighed frustrated, "This is completely different. You have no idea of how disturbed those nightmares got me back then. I... It's not the type of thing you could possibly forget about your sibling"

"I get it, ok? I have a little brother, I know that there are some things that we just don't forget, but give her a break," Wirt whispered carefully, "It's been ten years, right?"

"I guess you may have a point, but you don't know Mabel. That's not who she is. I've known that girl my entire life, probably better than I know myself, she wouldn't forget about it. And the nervous laugh, I swear she was laughing nervously"

"Dipper, that's just a perfectly normal paranoia, you don't need to get so obsessed about it, and..."

"You think it's paranoia?"

"Well, you sound paranoid most of the time, actually," Wirt giggled. 

"Oh, uh..."

"It's not a bad thing!" He said quickly, realizing he had, another time, made a mistake. After few seconds of an awkward silence, he decided to say something, "Uh, I think it's cute"

"You think my paranoia is cute?" Dipper hesitantly asked. 

Wirt had nothing else to do but to facepalm at how stupid he was. Of course, it wasn't exactly a lie, though you couldn't say something of that sort to someone whose face you've never seen, and only talk through a wall, mostly because both had agreed that it would be a nice way to keep their relationship not awkward at all. 

"Well," the voice on the other side started speaking, hesitantly, and even awkwardly, "I think it's pretty cute when you try to fix the shit you say sometimes"

"This is awfully awkward"

"You started it" 

"I'm sorry" 

"I think I'm going to sleep now"

"Are you sure you will be able to sleep?" Wirt asked, in a more caring tone than he had planned. "You were really upset two minutes ago, and it seemed as if you had drank a lot of coffee"

"I'm not actually going to sleep, but you will. You wake up at six am, no way I'm letting you awake only because I'm paranoid, as if it was anything new. Goodnight" 

"Oh... Goodnight"

*****************

 Had I forgot about this fanfic? No! But I was working on a silly South Park one, which you should totally go and check out if you're part of the fandom, it's the most random thing I've ever done. Anyways, it's been almost 20 days since I've last posted any chapter, and I had to write this on a rush, so I wouldn't be that much of a disapointment. Thx so much for reading this fanfic, luv you all, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and bye bye!