3 - Accord

Her flesh. Amissa shuddered.

"I'll give you my body." She told Death once again.

The figure let out a growl. "I don't want it."

This wasn't going well. It was obvious. Death just wanted her soul. And keeping here any longer was making him more and more irritated.

"I'll give you my body to walk around in." Amissa said slowly, thinking of the words as she said them.

Death froze. His cloak stilled, and the air grew silent.

"Your body? To walk around in?" He gasped.

Amissa paused. Was this the right bargain? Had she caught him? But there was still the matter of her living again while Death had her body. What was she going to do?

There was no time to think of that. First, she had to live.

"I'll give you my body to walk around the world of the living in. And you'll give me life, free from you while you have my body." Amissa told him.

Death laughed slightly. "Really?"

Amissa nodded. The figure turned quickly, cloak brushing against her face. Whispers echoed around her. Death. Contemplating this bargain.

"One year." Death hissed.

"Pardon?"

"One year." He turned so quickly, his dark abyss of a face coming right up to Amissa's.

She jumped, falling back in surprise.

"One year." Death said a third time. "One year in your body. One year for you to walk alive."

Amissa's eyes grew wide. A year? She hadn't even thought he'd accept. But how would she walk alive without her body?

"How will I walk?" Amissa asked quietly.

Within the dark abyss, Amissa saw teeth. Just teeth, forming into a sinister smile. A chill, or something, once again washed over her.

"You will walk alive, among the outcasts of this world. And you will do the job of Death." He sneered.

The job of Death? Outcasts? Wait, the outcasts of the world?

"Do we have an accord?" Death boomed.

Amissa flinched. "Y-yes."

Death began to laugh, his long bone arm reaching forward at alarming speed to shake your hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Amissa Vita." He cackled.

An overwhelming pain engulfed you suddenly, like fire was inside your body. Like your skin was falling off. You watching in shock as Death grabbed your body, the welts and bruises slowly healing, and the skin returning to a pinkish color, almost as if your skin was a baby's. With one more sinister laugh, a wide grin of teeth, and a sudden blackness, you felt the world disappear.