while he is away.

|whispers to sunflowers|

Sunlight briefly shined in her eyes as she pedaled down the street, her hair flying in the wind. She flew past a car that was playing a familiar melody, bringing her back to troubles from the day before.

Her heart was sunk as the music filled her ears and she thought of the happiness that had once been gifted to her. She thought about his smile and his laugh -- how he had never failed to make her day. Until he did.

She was somewhat tired of the fluff -- she admitted she had wanted struggle, she wanted change. She was still happy nonetheless, that much was true, but it didn't feel the same.

His lovin' was glorious, she felt it from her lips down to her toes. Her heart and soul were on cloud nine, but her mind -- her mind couldn't fathom the thought that this was love. Did he truly love her? Or was this merely a front to experience the temple that was she?

And then there was another -- he had been through as much struggle as she had. Her heart yearned to reach out and say so, whisper a few words of comfort for his ears only before pressing a chaste kiss on his cheek; thanking him for the joy that is his being, heart, and soul.

'It is wrong

to care for another in his arms.

It is wrong

to think this way,' she determined,

it is wrong

to love another

while he is away.