Chapter 5

"Zee."

Zayn groaned as he felt Niall poking at his face.

"Zee, up," Niall said, struggling to climb into Zayn's bed. Zayn smiled and used one arm to help Niall onto the bed. He regretted it almost immediately when Niall plopped himself down on his chest, bouncing and giggling.

"Why are you being such a menace so early in the morning?" Zayn asked him, pulling Niall down to cuddle with him. Niall giggled, having no idea what Zayn meant and poked his cheek again.

"Lou say wake up," Niall said.

"Okay, babe," Zayn said. He looked over at his clock and was shocked to see that it was almost 10:00. He never slept that late. Well, he used to before he had obligations and two little kids to take care of. Now he hardly ever slept past 7:00. He couldn't imagine what Louis and Harry had to do to make sure neither Liam nor Niall came to wake him up. He's have to thank them later.

Just then, Liam came running in the room with a smile on his face that fell as soon as he saw Zayn was already awake. He pouted, and Zayn was quick to call him over. It was always like a little competition for Niall and Liam to see who would wake each of their older brothers up first.

"Come here, Li," Zayn smiled at him, holding out his free arm that Niall wasn't laying on. Liam walked over and climbed into bed next to Zayn, cuddling into his side as well. Zayn kissed the top of his head and smiled.

After a few minutes, he sat up, pulling both boys into his lap. They both giggled as he tickled them before standing up and carrying both of them. He had moved Liam so that he was on his back and he was holding Niall in his arms. Zayn knew both of them well enough to know that Liam was already a little jealous of Niall this morning, and he didn't need that getting worse because he didn't carry him downstairs. He carefully set both boys on the couch near Harry when he got to the living room and headed for the kitchen.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Louis grinned, still putting dishes away from breakfast.

"Guess I needed the sleep," Zayn said. "Thanks for keeping the little monsters away," Zayn chuckled.

"It was no problem. I just told them we'd go to the park later if they left you alone to sleep for a while," Louis smiled, knowing that Zayn hated when he bribed them with something in return for good behavior. This time, however, Zayn couldn't bring himself to be upset. They probably would have gone to the park anyway seeing as it was a nice day, and they all loved going to the park.

"Guess I should get dressed then," Zayn said, going back upstairs to change. He came back a few minutes later to see Niall and Liam both standing at the front door with their shoes on.

"Go to park!" Niall said happily.

"Yes, we're going to the park, Ni," Zayn smiled, putting his shoes on. Harry and Louis showed up a few minutes later, Louis with a huge picnic basket in hand.

"I figured we could have a picnic in the park, how does that sound?" Louis said, exciting the boys even more.

"Alright, let's go get in the car," Zayn said, all but pushing them out the door. They all piled into Zayn's SUV, and he drove the short distance to the park. As soon as they arrived, Niall was pulling on the door handle fruitlessly. Zayn rolled his eyes at him, but got out to open the door anyway. He pulled Niall out of his carseat and tapped his butt once in warning.

"Be patient, Niall. I don't want you breaking my door handle," Zayn said, trying to stay stern.

"Okay, Zee. Sorry, I go play now," Niall said, clearly unaffected and squirming to get out of his arms. Zayn set him down once Liam was out of the car and watched as they ran off.