drink up

Scarlett readied herself and gathered her belongings before traveling down the stairs, trying her hardest not to trip in her heels. She concentrated so hard on her feet that she didn't notice the room full of people, smiling proudly at her. When she looked up, she blushed immediately. 

     "Take a picture, it'll last longer." she muttered, hiding her face behind her hair. 

     "I already took one." Gigi chirped from beside Zayn. Scarlett stuck her tongue out at her and moved her gaze to Louis, who wore a smirk as he watched her. 

     "What are you cheesing at, Mr. Tomlinson?" she teased, slapping him gently with the back of her hand. 

     "How great I am at fashion." he replied. Scarlett gasped and hit him once again. "I'm just messing with you, Scar, you look stunning." 

     "Thank you." Scarlett replied, kissing him on his cheek. "So who's this mystery guest?"

     "You'll see at dinner." Louis answered, placing his hand on her lower back, guiding her to the door. There was a limo outside waiting for our arrival. 

     "Oh, Lou, so fancy, so dapper, wow." Scarlett giggled, sliding into the limo with Gigi following suit. "What restaurant are we going to?"

     "It's called Per Se . It's one of the best spots in New York City." 

     "I haven't lived this life in a long time." Scarlett sighed, staring out the window at the passing scenery. 

     "Welcome back." Zayn chuckled, patting her bare knee. "Champagne anyone?" 

     "Yes please!" Scarlett chirped, grabbing the glass from Zayn's hand. She quickly downed it like a shot, holding it back out to him for more. 

     "So it's gonna be like that tonight, huh?" Zayn smirked, downing his just as fast as her. They both knew where this was going, as did Gigi who rolled her eyes on que. 

     "I won last time and I'm winning again." Scarlett growled jokingly. 

     "Win what?" Louis asked, completely lost.

     "They play this drinking game where they drink to the death basically." Gigi explained, surely tired of having to deal with their drunkenness. 

     "We have to order the same drinks and whoever can go the longest before passing out or throwing up wins." Zayn continued explaining the concept to Louis. 

     "Scarlett usually wins but Zayn's been coming for her lately." Gigi added. 

     "This will be fun to watch then." Louis chuckled, leaning back more in his seat. 

     The two drinkers took two more shots of champagne before arriving at the restaurant. Louis and Zayn removed themselves first to assist the girls out. Scarlett ran her hands over her dress, smoothing it out. Once again, Lou placed his hands at the bottom of her back, guiding her into the venue. Louis didn't even have to say his name before the host directed them to the back of the dining room, a large table filled halfway with people sat in the corner. 

     Scarlett barely had a chance to look at who was gathered at the table before she was attacked in a hug. 

     "I missed you so much!" Harry gushed, squeezing every ounce of breath out of her. Once realizing who's arms she was in, she gave into the hug. 

     "Harry." she gasped, gripping on to him just as tight. "Oh my gosh, you're here."

     "So am I." another voice spoke from beside the two friends. Scarlett backed away from Harry to see who else was sat at the table. 

     "Liam!" 

     "Hey gorgeous." he smiled, pulling her into a hug as well. "How've you been? Good I hope?" Scarlett nodded, tears welling at her eyes. She hadn't seen her friends in so long, this reunion was well overdue. 

     "Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup." Louis scolded, running his thumbs gently under Scarlett's eyes. "C'mon everyone, sit." 

     Harry pulled Scarlett to sit between him and Liam so the three could catch up. It was apparent to everyone that there was something, or someone, missing from this dinner party but no one cared to comment on it. 

     Zayn and Scarlett browsed the alcohol menu together, looking for a drink they both could order to continue their game. The entire table was immersed in conversations when the waitress came back with the drinks, placing the large, colorful drinks in front of Zayn and Scar. 

     "Goodbye consciousness." Scarlett giggled, taking a small sip of the drink. 

     "Hey guys, sorry I'm late. Could I get a pint, please? Thanks." 

     Scarlett immediately started coughing, the voice completely catching her off guard.

     "Aye, Niall!" the boys began to cheer, greeting the newest guest to the table. 

     "Oh, I'm definitely going to need this." Scarlett mumbled, taking a long gulp of alcohol.