Chapter two

Origins part two:

Borghildr's POV
I walked into the dining room, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I did a double take when I saw that Bellatrix wasn't there. Then I remembered. Today is a Tuesday. She stays in Finland from Tuesdays to Fridays. Right.

Looking at the empty seat, I felt guilt clawing at my throat. The incident that happened yesterday flashing at the back of my eyes like lightning in endless darkness, painting a painfully vivid picture of the broken expression on her face. I'll apologize as soon as I can. Right now, I have other responsibilities to stress over.

<At the Agreste Mansion>

Nathalie glanced at the clock as it's low toll filled the quiet mansion. "What is taking him so long?" She murmured to herself.

She was about to move from her position when Felix appeared at the top of the stairs with a dark brown leather bag full of books and school supplies slung over his shoulder. "Nathalie," he greeted. She stared at the bag. "I thought about what you said and..." not really knowing what to say, he gestured to the bag she had sent to his room yesterday. But the next thing he knew, he was in his limo.

He signed as he ran a hand through his now neat and slicked back hair. Courtesy of Pest. At least that kwami is good for something other than bringing him bad luck that he could have explained in the first place. In all his years, no one had been able to comb back his longish blond hair like Pest unless they use at least five large containers of gel and combs with very strong teeth. He was dressed in a grey vest over a light grey dress shirt with extended sleeves that covered the Black Cat Ring, black dress pants, a black tie and black dress shoes. Pest had laid them out that morning.

Felix adjusted his tie apprehensively as the limo came to a stop infront of the school. As if afraid he might change his mind, Nathalie pushed him out of the car and slammed the door shut while yelling at gorilla to "Step on it!".

He watched the limo speed away. Only once it was out of sight then he turned to look at the school. This was a bad idea, a very bad idea. Why had he allowed Pest to persuade him to go to school. 'It would be good for you' he said, 'kids your age need friends' he said. A small poke of encouragement came from the kwami in the pocket of his vest. He put a hand over it and willed his breathing to calm to a slow and steady rhythm. He could do this. Once he stepped into the school, students slowly stopped and turned to look at him. They began to whisper amongst themselves "Is that Felix Agreste?" "What is he doing here?" "He is so handsome!"

Another poke from Pest had him walking through the courtyard, up the stairs and into the principals office. He knocked before he entered of course. "Ah, Felix Agreste!" Mr Damocles greeted. "There you are, your schedule is right here..."

Bellatrix's POV
"The stone beings are scattered all over Paris." Nadja Chamack announced on the television. "For the time being, they are showing no signs of movement. Police have cordoned off the areas."

"We won't stop until these people are back to their normal selves!" The Mayor, André Bourgeois said with gusto, then deflated. "But for now, we are not making much headway."

"Paris is relying on our new gaurdian angels to save us all. Ladybug, Cat Noir, Melodie, Kid Mime and Mercury. Our lives depend on them." Nadja said, coming back on screen.

I stared at my phone screen forlornly. I had hoped that big sis would stop being so over protective if I defeated the akuma, but it just made things worse. Borghildr had been protective since the start, but that protectiveness had escalated after mom's death, and even more with every misfortune that crossed our path. Maybe I am not fit to be ladybug, maybe it is for the greater good.