-16-

(thought that if the last and this chapter happened in the same place then the same music is to be used)

Ashton's pov:

the shadow of myself was still running in circles and it was 11:45.

"enough!" I stuck my feet out in frustration and to my surprise, the shadowy 'me' didn't pass through me this time and tripped instead, falling forwards and exploding in a cloud of black dust.

I instantly stood up, like the atmosphere suddenly changed, it was colder than before, I waited a few seconds but the shadow didn't appear again. I tried to brush off the dust from the shadow on my clothes but it was like the cloth and the dust fused, like this stuff was ink.

"did I..... did I just break the loop?" I muttered, I ran and just as thought, I didn't see the same painting again and again now, I stopped next to a window and looked out, the moon was in the sky but even that seemed to want us harm, a very mild red glow to it as black clouds seemed to be circling the castle and the mountains enclosing us looked like the teeth of a hungry creature.

I gasped at the realisation of something, there may not be network but maybe there is inside the castle and Ash has her phone!

I grabbed my phone and tried calling her, it rang out so I was hoping.... hoping.

"hello ?" YES !!!!

"Ash!"

"Ashton?! who?!"

"yep it's me, anyway, there must be at least small amounts of network were we both are and I'm not sure how long it will last"

"true"

"so what's the plan? found anyone?"

"I found a girl that came in with her friends after we got locked in and separated"

"alright"

"Ashton, if it's 4:45 and we didn't find our friends we need to leave" I sighed.

"I thought about that too"

"it's hard I know but still.... try to make your way to the front door before 4:30 and if you run in to any of the girls take them with you"

"alright........ I love you Ash" I did, she was like a sister to me just like Asha was.

"I know, I do too and be careful abo--" the line cut leaving me cursing but happy that we at least we had a plan even if it wasn't the best, I didn't want to leave anyone here to die but if it came down to it I know there was no other choice.

I put my phone away and tightened my hold on the broom, trying to find my way around this place and to the front door.

Asha's pov:

I was hiding under a low table as a big inky monster with long arms and no eyes walked around the dinner area.

"puppet, puppet, I'll make you pretty, make you pretty" I shook as I stayed silent, this.... man made of ink filled me with dread, not wanting to be one of his 'puppets' but what made me even more disturbed was that he was playing with a decomposing corps of a human boy, broken in any way possible and blown up because of the decomposition.... was.... was that a puppet of his?!

I crawled under the table before climbing on the couch, he couldn't see so I could get away as long as he doesn't hear me, I couldn't stand directly on the ground as it was made of wood and it was cracking with each of his steps.