two.

chapter two; an unusual meeting
«EYE CANDY»

"if you even think about coming here without my liquor, then this won't be your home anymore!" millie's mother spat, kicking open her bedroom door. millie ignored her and focused on adjusting her black choker in the mirror. normally, she never left the house without makeup or her ideal color of dark, burgundy red lipstick. but her tone was irritated, and the last thing she wanted to do was make her foster mother mad.

this isn't home she thought miserably, but didn't dare say it out loud, unless she wanted to further anger her mother. home is where i should feel safe, and i definitely don't feel safe here.

"are you deaf?" her mother shouted, grabbing millie's arm and digging her bright red nails into them, making millie cry out in pain, "answer me when i'm talking to you!"

"yes, i'll get your alcohol and i'll be back in this shit hole by sunset," millie muttered, her ears turning a deep pink from the anger she, yet again, had kept inside.

"don't you dare be late, you hear me? jesus fucking christ, i should've thrown you out when i had the chance!"

"fuck you," millie spat, shoving free from her foster mother's harsh grip and digging her nails into the palm of her own hand, the pressure soon drawing blood.

"don't talk to me like that you little slut! you can go shove your tongue down some guy's throat for all i care. at this rate, you'll most likely die a whore on the streets!" she shouted, pulling her towards the apartment door only to, a few seconds later, push her out. millie fell on the dirty, tan floor, landing painfully on her knees. she picked herself up, getting ready to shove her back, but was met with the door, slamming hard and fast in her face. a gust of wind flew towards her from the impact as her ears rang from the sound.

"fuck you! you're not even my real mother, you can't order me around! i hate you!" millie screamed, kicking the wooden dark green door again, and again with her foot. she wasn't even sure that her mom was listening any more, probably retreating to where her precious alcohol was stored. her foot throbbed with pain, but she still kept kicking. a low groan of anger escaped from her lips as she punched the door this time, her fist splintering the middle of the wood. millie grimaced in pain, rubbing her fist tentatively.

this calls for a cigarette, she thought numbly, her black combat boots methodically tapping beneath her as she stomped towards the broken down elevator at the end of the hallway.

-

millie seised the music on her walkman, yanking open the door to the corner store. her brown eyes scanning the perimeter, finding only two people there. a boy in the back, crouching down, looking at the abundance of alcohol the store offered, and a cashier eyeing him suspiciously above a book.

millie inhaled a deep breath, wordlessly walking towards the alcohol section where the boy was. he slowly looked up, eyeing her with curiosity as her fingers traced over the bottles of liquor.

"that stuff's too strong for you, girl." the kid's raspy voice told her. millie gave him a glare as their eyes locked, "so what?" she asked, her eyes narrowing, who does this kid think he is? "i would mind your fucking business if i was you."