2.

Falling was the best part.

He thought about the first time he saw her face through the app.

The thought made him smile a bit, a tug pulling on his chest as he tried his best not to give into the longing.

He remembered loving the way she hesitated when he asked to speak with her over the phone for the first time, but gave in when he told her he was from England. Girls will be girls, he thought to himself.

But something changed that night. She wasn't necessarily this diamond in the rough or anything, but there was something intriguing about her.

He had wanted to get to know her better, and so he didn't refrain himself from texting her, or asking to call her, day in and day out.

She was funny, thoughtful, and at most times, naive.

He liked the way she made him think- the way she made him feel.

How she made it seem as though there was another place other than the reality he was living.

There was nothing else that seemed to matter, except for the way she said his name; the way she let out slow and steady breaths before he said something that threw her into fits of restrained laughter because she had to be quiet at that time of night.

He liked having that effect on her, but most importantly, he liked the effect she had on him.

He could feel himself starting to fall for this girl, and so he said the three words that weren't meant to be said ahead of their time.