Chapter 18

*Kaname's POV*

"Do you have anymore information on him?" I asked the headmaster. He had come to see me to inform me about a new student coming into the night class. "No, there's not much information on him, the only things I know is that he is a vampire and the whereabouts of his parents is unknown. He really has no background information to go off of other than that, and he was not a troublesome student in his previous school." Cross informed me.

"We'll see how he goes in the night class. And if we have some problems, I might rethink keeping him in here." I agreed to Cross and placed his files on my desk to look at later. The headmaster excused himself and left my room.

I sighed and sat down in my seat. "Just who are you, Yukara Kitoro." I said to myself as I opened the files and began reading them.

~timeskip~
*Your POV*

I woke up to what seemed like my first calm sleep in a while. I stretched and stepped out of my bed. I made my way to my bathroom to wash my face, do my hair and get changed into my uniform.

I walked outside of my door only to be tripped over. I landed on the floor with a thud. I got up and looked around to see what tripped me. My eyes landed on my doorway which had Akastuki leaning next to it, asleep. I sighed and chuckled at him.

That kind of made me feel bad for him, he didn't have to stay there all night. I kneeled down to his level and lightly shook him. "Akastuki, wake up." I whispered to him in an attempt to wake him up.

He shifted a bit and his eyes opened. "I'm sorry, did I fall asleep." He said sleepily. I nodded with a small chuckle. "Yeah you did, don't worry about it. Nothing happened to me anyway." I reassured to him as we both stood up.

Akatsuki walked down the hallway in the opposite direction to where I was going. Probably to get ready for class. I walked down the stairs and into the dining room to see that everyone was already awake and eating breakfast.

"good morning y/n. Did you sleep alright?" Hanabusa asked me with a smile on his face. "Good morning everyone. I slept fine, thank you." I politely responded and took my seat next to Kaname.

I started to eat breakfast when I heard something being slid over to my direction. I lifted my head up to see that Kaname had slid a glass of blood-red liquid over to me. "What's this?" I asked confusedly asked him.

"It's water, but with a blood tablet in it. You need to start drinking them, you can't feed straight from the source like you did before." He told me. I nodded at his words and held the drink in my hands.

Everyone was quietly staring at me in anticipation, waiting for me to drink it. I moved the glass to my lips and took a sip of the liquid. I held it in my mouth as I tasted it. I nodded in satisfaction and swallowed it, taking more from the cup.

Kaname sighed in relief that I'm used to the taste of the blood tablets. "Here, keep these on you." He then passed me a black box with blood tablets in it. "Thanks." I said and slipped the tablets in my pocket.

We all finished breakfast and headed out of the dorm. We walked towards the gates where we saw Yuki and Zero struggling to keep the students at bay. The gates opened and like usual I was at the back of the night class. I looked around at the day class students and saw someone in the background, leaning against a tree. He looked strange.

I glanced at him for a bit longer before we made eye contact. He looked at me and winked. My face heated up a bit and I continued to walk with the students until we reached the classroom.

I sat down in my seat, this time no one sat next to me. The teacher walked in and began the lesson. It was now that I realise how different my body has become since I transformed. My hearing got better, I randomly started hearing people's thoughts, it just faintly and I feel like I have more energy. It makes me feel stronger.

~timeskip~

Around halfway through the lesson, my attention turned to the door when someone opened it. "Sorry I'm late." A male voice said in an apologetic way. He walked to the front of the classroom and bowed to us.

"My name is Yukara Kitoro, and from now on, I will be joining you in the night class." He said with another bow and made his way up to where I was sitting. He sat down next to me and held his hand out.

I shook it and gave him a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm y/n. Nice to meet you." I greeted him. The guy had black hair and blue eyes. His hair made his eyes really bright, which was a good thing. He looked kind of cute.

I tried to focus back on the lesson but I could feel Yukara staring at me all lesson. The class was finally over for the night and we were heading back to the dorms. We had to sort Yukara's room out when we got back but I don't think that's a problem for me.

I was walking to my room when someone stopped me. "Y/n, can we talk?"