C H A P T ER : 1

Jamiyah

"Wait..what do you mean this was my last day?" I asked my daddy.

We were in the car after he unexpectedly gave me a early dismissal.

"Exactly what i said" He chuckled keeping his eyes on the road "You'll start at a new school Friday"

"Why? We never even talked about this"

"Ain't you the one always complaining about being late? Now you wont have to, cause ya new school is close to home"

He shrugged his shoulders and i began to mess with my nose piercing. All of this was out of the blue, i didn't wanna leave my friends.

"Can I at least come up here tomorrow to say bye to my girls?"

"Yea, you can do whatever you want"

I just nodded and sat back.

*****

We went to the grocery store before going home. While my dad was looking for some food I went to the chip isle picking up a big bag of cheetohs. They didn't have a price on em though.

"Aye how much are these?" I asked the nearest employee.

He starred at me for a second then said "Didn't you come here this morning asking the same thing?"

I cocked my eyebrows "Um no, you must have me confused"

"Maybe" he glanced at me again "well my mistake, their $3.69"

"Uh thanks" I said and walked off meeting up with my dad.

"You know you love you some cheetohs" He laughed after I threw them in the cart.

I shook my head "Well it wasn't easy finding out the price"

"What you mean?"

"One of the employees thought he saw me here earlier"

"Mmh" he mumbled "It be a lot of bebe kids in this store, he Probably got you confused" he chuckled.

"I guess" i shrugged a shoulder.

Jamira

My friend Aiyana and I were on our way to my mama store Serpentine fire. After school a couple of us went to this old playground to smoke. I didn't do too much cause my mom would tell if something was off.

"Wait before we go in, do I look high?" I asked trying to keep a straight face but we both ended up bursting into laughter.

"Come on for real" Aiyanna laughed "Drink some more of the juice" she suggested.

I took a few sips and walked into the store "Hey mama" I said sitting my book bag down.

"Don't hey mama me, why your teacher call me saying you walked out of her class after disrespecting her and the classmates?" She raised an eyebrow.

I will always hate getting my mom called by teachers, no matter how old I am.

"What? No, I just didn't do the test so she told me to leave out" I confessed trying to sit on the stool but ended up falling backwards. I covered my face, as more people started to walk in.

Even though I was hurt i ended up laughing along with Aiyanna.

"Girl get up, is you okay?" My mama asked.

"Yea" I nodded.

"And why is yawl so giggly? Yawl better not had did nothing yawl ain't have no business doing before yawl came here"

I sighed "No mama" I lied, looking down playing with my nails.

Aiyanna nudged my side "Your eyes still look red" she whispered.

I wiped my eyes drinking some more of my juice, that didn't seem to help.

"Did you go to that grocery store on 54th today?"

I nodded "but that was earlier before school"

"Mr.royce said he saw you there like an hour ago" She looked confused.

"He must have me confused with someone els"

"I think so" she shrugged.

.....................

This was the worst first chapter I EVER did, but
I never wrote a book like this so just work with me.
Ima try to make the next chapter interesting.