prologue

The room was dark, the shades drawn shut as I tiptoed out of the room and into the en suite bathroom. I closed the door before turning on the light, momentarily wincing from the brightness. I leant against the counter, observing my features in the mirror. My hair was messy from sleeping and the shirt I wore was too big for me, one sleeve slipping down to reveal my shoulder. A small smile formed on my face as I studied the hickey on my neck; the smile quickly fell at the realization that I would have to cover it before leaving.

I leaned down to pull out my makeup from beneath the sink, the shirt slipping down further. The door squeaked open while I was rummaging through the random shit beneath my sink. I ignored it, knowing exactly who it was. They remained silent until I resurfaced, opening my small makeup bag.

"You're up early," he said, his voice sending chills down my spine and warming my heart.

"It's almost 10:30," I pointed out with a small giggle. I avoided looking at him because I knew that if I did, I would want to crawl right back into bed with him. But then we would be late again, and I couldn't allow that. "We have to leave soon. I need to get ready."

I heard him groan in protest and I had to hide my grin, aware of what he was about to say.

"It's your brother. He won't care if we're a little late. Come back to bed for awhile," he practically purred out. I bit my lip to contain my grin and finally looked at him.

I melted at the mouth watering sight before me.

Brandon was shirtless, most probably because I was wearing his shirt from the night before. The only clothing he was actually wearing was dark blue boxer shorts. He was leaning against the door frame, his shadowed blue eyes looking me over with hunger and desire. His sunkissed blond hair was mussed like mine, and hickeys littered his neck, causing me to blush.

"Go get ready," I told him softly but sternly, crossing my arms. It was hard for me not to giggle, though I knew I had to remain firm.

He gripped my hips gently, pulling me against him and brushing his lips against mine. "Five more minutes," he muttered.

I grinned, tilting my head back, resting my hands against his chest. "Corey!" I called out, my grin broadening. "Come handle your twin!"

Brandon groaned again, burying his face in my hair. I kissed hi shoulder, then pushed him away as Corey joined us. He raised his eyebrows and looked between his twin and I before laughing. I pouted, silently begging him to escort Brandon out of there so I could get ready.

"Usually I would support you," Corey said to his brother, an amused smile on his face. "But we really can't be late to her brother's engagement party. Let her get ready. Beside, you have to get ready too."'

"I'll remember this," Brandon grumbled. He pressed a kiss to my cheek then strolled out of my room, leaving Corey and I to laugh together. I shot him a thankful smile, then shooed him out of the room, locking the door behind him. If I didn't lock it, then Raven thought he was welcome inside whenever. I didn't exactly mind him barging in, but it wasn't always convenient.

As quick as I could manage, I shaved my legs, did my makeup, and wrestled my hair into an elegant but messy top knot. An hour had passed in the midst of me doing all that, and I dearly hoped the boys would be ready so I didn't have to harass them. I sighed in content as I slid on the smooth fabric of my dress. My dress of choice was form fitting and black. It was warm in Savannah currently, but the dress had long sleeves and the dress hit mid-thigh showing off my legs.

A knock resounded through the room as I finished smoothing down my dress. I smiled and opened it, pleased to see Marc standing there, looking absolutely dashing. His tie was loose and hanging around his neck; I had to resist the urge to tie it for him like I had when we were younger. His eyes ran over my body, causing my cheeks to heat up. He swooped down and stole a quick kiss then wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close.