chapter 2

There was only one other sight that could rival the one of my siblings waiting at our usual table for me, was the sight of my boys all sitting in the living room when I got home at the end of the day. All of my siblings perked up at the sight of me, and I greeted them with a wide smile. Once Lauren had been handled, it was much easier for us to become closer. I enjoyed being extremely close with my siblings again, and our weekly lunches we had together were something I looked forward to.

I slid into the seat next to Knox, giving him a side hug when I had settled in. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm a little late. Raven felt like trying to get me to stay home today."

"I ordered for you," Marie told me then smirked slightly, her foot gently knocking against my leg. "I don't blame Raven for wanting to try to keep you home. You've been quite busy lately. Your first month off in a while, yeah?"

I laughed, pushing hair away from my face. Everyone liked to constantly remind me that in the past few months I'd been balancing a relationship, publicity for my book, handling my mother, and aiding Charli in her party planning. Yes, I had been busy, but I loved it. When I had first moved to Savannah, I tried to finish high school online, but soon found I was getting too busy to maintain that. My father and mother couldn't harass me about considering they were in the middle of their down fall, and after speaking with my brothers, they gave their consent.

"I'm all theirs this summer, I already told them that," I pointed out, leaning back in my seat. After rushing to get out of the house and to the restaurant, I was a little winded, which was a fact I would carefully hide from my boys or else they would want to try to make me exercise with them again. I glanced around then frowned, eyebrows furrowing together. "Where's dad and Charli?"

"Your dad is in the bathroom," Micah replied, his eyes remaining on the lit up of screen of his phone, obviously entranced with whatever it was he was looking at. "Charli couldn't make it according to Zain."

I peeked over at Zain, silently awaiting confirmation on this matter and more details.

Zain nodded and even looked a little forlorn at the fact that his fiancee couldn't join us. "She had to leave for New York, early. Something about her family and planning. I'm not really certain on all the details, I hadn't had time to properly wake up when she explained it to me."

"I'll have to call her tonight," I said, partially to myself. "Make sure she's okay and doesn't need any help with anything."

"Kiddo!"

I sat up straighter and beamed at the voice that belonged to my biological father. He wasn't always able to join us for lunch, considering he was in and out of town a lot for business, but when he was able to, I was always overjoyed. I shot up out of my seat and flung myself into his arms, hugging him tightly. I looked a lot more similar to him than I did Lauren, sharing the same blonde hair and green eyes.

"Aren't you just glowing?" he exclaimed as he sat next to Marie, practically across from me. "Taking some time off looks good on you."

I rolled my eyes at him, though I was grinning. He had been one of the many people to persistently harass me about taking some time for myself. He claimed that he didn't need his only daughter dying at a young age from over working herself too much, and in some aspects, I had to agree with him.

"It's summer now, daddy," I chimed, sending him a smile. "I have all the time off that I want."

"Actually, Sang," Zain spoke up, drawing my attention to him at practically the other end of the table. "I have a proposition for you."

My eyebrows shot up at those words; the last time he'd had a proposition for me, I had ended up shirtless, passed out in bar bathroom. I was weary of him and Knox's propositions after such an event, but always decided to pretend to listen to them before I turned them down. I turned in my seat to face him better and put on my best listening face. Marie snickered, fully aware that no matter what he was about to say, he was most likely going to get turned down.