Chapter 8

Ghostly Hauntings:

Chapter 8:

Lin came over to join her and handed her a red pen. She dutifully circled the faces in red and showed the photo to the omnouji who rifled through the staff files to match up the faces with their headshots.

"The first one is Urado, the second is Matsuyama and the third is Ariade..." he informed her.

Three suspects. It was like a detective Conan filler murder case. The difference was that Naru wasn't genuinely dead.

"Are they still teachers at that school?" Yasuhara called out.

Lin checked their files again. "Two are currently still teaching there."

The four of them came over to see who the suspects are.

"Ew, I remember Urado-sensei," Keiko cringed. "He was my biology teacher. He was obsessed with trying to look young and he got plastic surgery during the holidays once-that's why he looks younger than he really is."

"Do you remember the other two?" Michiru asked.

"Ariade-sensei was a trainee teacher for a while before he qualified and one of my friends had the other teacher for homeroom."

"They all look to be around the same age," John said. "Of course, we know about Urado now..."

The three of them had black hair and looked to be in their late thirties to early forties. None of them looked like murderers, they just looked like they had no sense of humour and would be no nonsense teachers.

"How are we going to investigate them?" Yasuhara asked. "You can go the Police because Mai is an eyewitness and she hasn't used anything psychic to identify them."

Mai could understand him perfectly. The Police would be able to interview them properly and collect evidence legally. None of them would be able to that without getting in legal trouble later on. She didn't want a prison sentence for breaking and entering or something even worse. Although they had done exactly that when they had gone looking for the ghost. Mai was trying not to think about that part.

"Brown-san, that is true. The stumbling block is something else. It was Noll that used paranormal abilities to find the murderer first. That said, I do know someone that can help us investigate the three suspects. She is a Police officer in section one that used to work in England for the SPR. Noll knows her as well, she was his mentor until she decided she liked the investigative part more and wanted to move back to her home country," Lin explained. "She can do the part that we can't do."

Yet again Mai was grateful for Lin's presence. He was the adult they could rely on. Well, they were all adults, but not proper adults. John appeared to be thinking of the same thing.

"If we need some more adults that can investigate without seeming suspicious, I know a monk and a priestess. I met them on a case a while back," he said and pulled out his phone. "I have a photo of them."

Mai let a smile slip when she saw how much they did not meet the criteria for non-suspicious. The man that she assumed to be a monk had brown long hair tied back in a ponytail instead of a completely bald head. In fact, he looked more like a rock star than a monk. The priestess had dyed red hair, matching nails and was wearing too much make up. A priestess as far as Mai knew, was not someone that would be caught dying their hair.

"Um, John-san, do you know what a monk should look like?" Michiru asked awkwardly.

"I know they aren't the most conventional looking priest and priestess, but they get the job done," he paused. "After some bickering."