Chapter 18

New cover for the book!

•••

"You lied again Ember!" The Doctor yelled.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

The Doctor eyes soften, as he started to observe me, seeing if that was the truth.

"I thought you were coming, you know, traveling through time and space, but you told Clara something that really hurt me."

"Huh?" I was confused, I don't think I told anything to Clara. The only conversation I had with her was me introducing myself.

"I never really had the chance to have a full on conversation with her."

"That's not what she said." The Doctor crossed his arms, while raising an eyebrow.

The Doctor doesn't believe me, but why though. Did she tell the Doctor a realistic lie that can fool a dumbass, or is she good at acting. What ever she did, it made him believe her.

"What did I say?" I asked, also raising an eyebrow.

The Doctor shifted in his spot, scared to even speak the words. What ever she told him, it must of hurt him pretty good.

"You said 'Does that scumbag really expects me to get back in that shitty box of his? I would rather become homeless than be one of his companions again.'" He tried mimicking my voice, but failed by his accent leaking though and the too many cracks in his voice.

The Doctors eyes became watery. Following was a tear, flowing down this cheek. He took the palm of his hand to wipe it away, but missed.

I slowly approach him, wiping the missed tear away. "I would never say those words," I smiled, "I wanted to come, but the door slammed in my face and the TARDIS disappeared."

He stopped sniffling, as he looked straight into my eyes. It's like a switch, how his crying stopped when his eyes met mine; I must be comforting him.

His lips curved up into a smile, somehow making me feel fuzzy inside.

Before I was sucked into the Doctor Who world, I was crazily obsessed with the 11th Doctor. It must of been Something about his character, how he would always be so childish, how upbeat he is, and how his cute smile could be plastered in my brain for days.

But between me being sucked into the TV and the accident of my teleportation, I never really experienced his bubbly self.

I could feel my cheeks heat up, knowing his opinion about me changed. He start caring for me, even wants me to be around.

He was hurt when he heard those fake words, and something about that made me happy. If the past Doctor would of heard those words, he wouldn't care and leave me. He would of been happy that he heard those words, real or fake,but this Doctor came back. He wanted me by his side, to protect the universe from evil aliens.

All of sudden, the Doctor wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest. I could hear his two hearts, beating in rhythm.

1-2-3-4.

It was beautiful, and calming, like I can listen to that rhythm all day.