three

There was a ton of people

All Amberlynn wanted was some peace and quiet, for just one minute.

Throughout the entire car ride to wherever she is now, she was practically passed out in the mans arms. She woke up in a room, a dark skinned woman offering her clothes.

Now, she was being led down a hall. Amberlynn pulled at her sweater, eyes looking to the woman.

"Where am I going?" Her voice was scratchy and rough, something that was different then her normal soft tone.

Irene smiled lightly. "We have to ask you questions, sweetheart." The young Canadian stared at the woman for a second, then nodded slowly.

"Okay."

It seemed like forever to Amberlynn as she waited in a room that TV shows made out for criminals. Was she a criminal? Was she apart of something? Her pare-

She shot up as soon as the door opened, not even comprehending who walked in. "Is my family okay?" Her voice was shaky and full of worry.

The man looks at her skeptically for a minute then nods. "Yeah, they are. We contacted them, said you were safe. Nothing else, nothing less."

The voice was familiar, and Amberlynn tacked her brain. She sat down as she stared at him, her brown eyes full of childlike curiosity and wonder. Mitch couldn't help but think that a girl who seems so innocent and kind could have gone through this, or even be apart of something like it.

It finally hits her, and she gives a warm smile. "You saved me."

Mitch sat across from her, looking her in the eyes. The girl felt a shiver run up her spine at the seemingly lifeless and cold irises. She already trusted him, and Mitch knew that, and with that Mitch knew how she got in the situation.

"I need to know what they did to you."