Shards

Carson stumbled backwards, finding himself on his rear once again as he stared at the moons. One of them was larger than the other, but in terms of size, that didn't mean anything. The blinding whiteish-yellow orbs were huge; the larger of the two dominated almost the entire sky. Adrean watched in rapt silence as Carson's chest started to rise and fall at an extraordinary rate, making no move to comfort the man.

Although, remarked Carson, nothing that he could say would help me now. He was horrified; the thought that he wasn't even on his own planet scared him more than his lack of memories, and he wondered if there was any way they even COULD get back home.

"Do... do you suppose we are stuck here?" asked Carson, staring at the horror before him. He couldn't look away. The moons moved horribly fast; the smaller one had moved to the other side of the sky in less than what Carson supposed was an hour. Though he honestly didn't know; how DID time work in this other world?

"Well, shall we read the note and find out?" Carson wondered why Adrean wasn't as scared by the moons as he was, but he was more distracted by the sight of the man's face.

Adrean's body was thin and sleek; anyone on earth would have taken him for a professional runner or something like that, but his most stunning feature wasn't really even a feature at all. His short, black hair hung over his forehead in a vague bowl shape, his bangs shorter in the front. The man's tan, dark skin hinted at sunny climate, and his cheekbones were high in a way that made him look almost older than he probably was. But his eyes were incredible; when he'd seen them in the near-darkness, he'd assumed that they'd been blue, but he couldn't have been more wrong. They were a dark, startling purple color, a color that bothered him slightly, but he didn't know why.

Carson's hands flew to his face, and he tried to map out what he'd look like before he realized that he'd be able to see his reflection in the mirror across the room. Turning suddenly, he dropped his hands, looking in the mirror.

Carson grasped at his hair, extremely confused by its silver nature, but also by the way it glowed. It made sense; how else would he have been able to see in the pool if there hadn't been at least some form of light? He had high cheekbones, an angular chin, and full lips. His body was extremely muscular, like Adrean's, and that was when he realized just how little clothing he was wearing.

"Where do you think the rest of our clothes would be?" asked Carson, taking in the skinny black bathing suit he wore. It barely went halfway down his thighs, the fabric tight against his hips. He became painfully aware of how cold it was; the air felt like ice.

"I would not know. I have about as much knowledge as you do," Adrean said, waving a hand dismissively. He was positively enraptured by the deserted landscape outside, his shining eyes not drifting from the planet outside. Carson, annoyed by the man's absolute and total disinterest, turned around and tried to find the door.

"Carson, come here!!!" Adrean shouted, tears stinging his eyes.

"What is it Adrean?" Carson called worriedly, scrambling across the wet tile to reach Adrean's side.

"The sunrise." The sun was obviously rising over the horizon, as shown by the beautiful sliver of pink, orange and purple quickly rising over the horizon.

"That is incredible," said Carson, obviously not as affected as his partner. He turned back towards the building as the sun finally rose over the horizon, revealing itself as a red dwarf.

"Нет, it's beautiful." Adrean looked down at Carson, frowning slightly.

"Is something wrong, мой друг?" Carson frowned as well, seeming to catch Adrean's drift.