Chapter 361 - 370

Chapter 361: Massacre

Helen's entourage smoothly entered Seagate City with a warm welcome from Kekaru, and was brought to a manor at the southern end of the city.

Along the way, Helen's charming face was darkened and unhappy. Previously when Helen had come to Seagate, the citizens who had heard the news would crowd and crane their heads for a tiny peek at her face. However this time round, apart from Kekaru's men, the road was only sparsely filled with citizens. These people only viewed her carriage from far away, not showing any signs of respect. This made Helen feel uncomfortable inside.

After properly arranging her personal guard at the manor, Helen declined Kekaru's offer of a banquet in her honor, citing tiredness. She feared that Kekaru would assassinate her in his own castle. She was afraid of Kekaru's schemes. Just like her, Kekaru was not a benevolent person. It was entirely possible that he would take action at the banquet.

On the other hand, Helen also didn't want to endure the inevitable unfriendly gazes at the banquet. She'd had enough of these looks of disdain. However, she couldn't kill them just because of their hidden looks of disdain.

This manor was where Kekaru received distinguished guests. It had a large area that was surrounded by Helen's thirty thousand strong personal guard. Helen was in the center of the area and was safe enough to sleep peacefully. The full moon slowly appeared in the night sky. At the door of a central luxurious and spacious room, ten guards stood tensely on duty. In the room, Helen was endlessly worrying alone.

Without any wind, the window voluntarily opened, and a cloud of grey fog suddenly flew in front of Helen. The fog stopped whirling when the window shut, revealing Han Shuo's figure.

"You're here!" Helen gathered her scattered thoughts, raising her head to glance at Han Shuo. She softly muttered, "Kekaru has always wanted to remove me from my position as Duke. He previously wanted me to marry his son Kasega but I declined. His Seagate City has always not fully obeyed my orders. If it wasn't for me trying to prevent Helon Duchy from falling into turmoil, I would have long since acted against him, and not resorted to employing assassins."

"I'll make a trip there tonight. I'll help you handle him!" Han Shuo calmly looked at Helen, as though he had just uttered a simple and common thing.

"If it's possible, I want to work with you. I want to personally end his life. This person was the one who murdered my mother. I hate him!" Helen was a little unusual today, speaking to Han Shuo with some viciousness.

Wrinkling his eyebrows, Han Shuo considered for a while before replying, "How about this. You stay here, I'll bring him over and let you kill him yourself." Han Shuo didn't probe the statement regarding Helen's mother. Everyone was sure to have a few memories that haunted them. Han Shuo believed this incident was definitely not a pleasant memory. At times, to respect someone's privacy was more moving than expressing respect on the surface.

Helen raised her head and deeply looked at Han Shuo, unclear if she had thought of something sad, her gaze a little frail. She laughed at herself, saying, "Thank you. In the end, I'm still a woman. Seems like I also need a man's shoulder to lean on. After all these years, I'm truly tired."

Smiling and nodding, Han Shuo tried walking toward Helen. When he realized Helen's gaze wasn't alert, he continued to walk towards her. When he reached her side, Han Shuo lightly embraced her. Feeling Helen's shivering body, Han Shuo patted her shoulder and gently said, "It's alright. I won't ask about your past, but I will bring Kekaru in front of you. You can exact the price for his sins then."

"Bryan, I don't know if I should hate you. When I came over today, none of the citizens came over to welcome me. It looks like they've already started to reject me in their hearts. The main cause of this was you, but for some reason I can't hate you. Why, Bryan, why can't I hate you?" Helen leaned softly against Han Shuo's shoulder, her voice a tired, weak whisper.