The Hurt In Her Eyes (1)

Chapter One.

I Jumped on my bed , Smiling like an idiot with 'My First Kiss' By 3oh!3 and Kesha blasting through my speakers , My Cousins Dancing around my room .

My cousins visited once a year , and we were best friends , they were popular , stuckup unless they were around me , and I , well they were my only friends.

"Misty ! Go greet the new neighbors with Sidney, Rose , and Stephanie !" We all laughed, well they laughed and started doing there makeup . I didn't really wear much in that department. Maybe some black eyeliner , mascara , and occasionally some black glittery eyeshadow .

"Come on Misty !" Rose yelled when I realized I was the last one in the room . I flipped off the lights , grabbed my ipod , and turned it all the way up . I really didn't get along with people , let alone New People , Who don't know anything about me .

I followed them out of the house as my mom gave me a worried look .

"Misty , Please be yourself , be nice , be bold and confident . I hear they have two boys over there , both your age ." She winked at me and did a little dance as I looked at her , my eyes wide . Please tell me she didn't meet them already and to that .

I closed the door and walked over , alone since they already over there ringing talking to a woman.

"Uhm Hey ?" I looked down the drive way , there was two boys , the one that talked was standing , pushing the other ones wheelchair . I looked at them both and realized they must be the kids that lived here my mo was talking about .

"Hey , Sorry to kind of barge in here." I shrugged a little shocked at how bold that was for me , usually I would say sorry quietly and walk off , but not this time .

"Its fine I guess . Im Chayz. This is Mickey." He said , letting out a small smile , nothing major.

Mickey was about nine ? he sat in the wheelchair and looked at me , bold .

"Chayz , I can talk for myself . And can you stop staring at my legs ?" He asked , well more of snapped . I looked up shocked and felt my cheeks turning red.

"Sorry, Uhm , I was just thinking." I looked at my feet and felt hands on my cohulders and turned around to see Sydney.

"Misty , Why don't you introduce us to these two handsome men !" She winked at Chayz and then looked at me. I have honestly never wondered why when they're at home they are bitches and popular , and when they are here there normal and I'm just figuring it out . There was no boys here , until now. I sighed.

"Chayz , Mickey , this is Sydney , Rose And Stephanie my cousins." I turned to my cousins "Im going back inside to see Maizee, She doesn't like mom to be her only friend and shes probably alone in there now." I walked away and heard Stephanie say.

"Maizee is her sister, she is kind of mentally retarded." I glared at nothing and turned my ipod back up and went inside to see Maizee.

"Hey mom." I said , opening the front door as she hurried over , Leaving Maizee in the kitchen.

"How did it go ?! Where are the girls ?!" She said excited. I glared.

"There over flirting with the new guy, it went fine mom." I sighed but before she could say another thing, I heard screaming , Maizee's screaming.

I ran in the kitchen to see Maizee holding her finger, she had burned on the stove.

I ran over to her and yanked her away and ran over to the sink, sticking her hand in the cold water.

"MOM !" I screamed, Cradling Maizee's Seven year Old body to my chest. She was still screaming and my mom was on the phone when Sydney , Stephanie , And Rose walked in.

She was whipping her head around wildly , she couldn't see anything . she was born blind , and so everybody called her mental , but she was just visually impared.

I petted her hair and she sat there as they all came running in. Rose walked up.

"Oh what did you do now Misty ! Maizee, come to cousin Rose !" She said as Maizee stuck her head back in the crook of my neck . I glared.

"Sissy ! I want Squishy." She cried as I looked around helpless. I stood up, holding her still apart from her heavy frame and looked around.

"Where did you leave Squishy ?" I asked. She started crying again.

"I DON'T KNOW !" She cried even harder. I remembered her playing with Squishy out frount and we walked outside.

"Sissys gunna put you on the ground now , you can play while sissy looks out here for your squishy. Okay ?" She whimpered and nodded as I set her down in the grass and looked around. I felt horrible for her.

"This what your looking for ?"

I looked up to see Mickey.