Im his mate?

You know what's weird? It's weird how Derek has been clingy these last couple of days. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but something is different and I want to know why he's acting different. Scott told me he had no clue considering that he and Isaac are inseparable anyway. It got to the point where Isaac got a job at the animal clinic so he and Scott could always be together. I mean I've done a lot of research about wolves and werewolves and I can't find anything that describes what's going on with Derek. I'm starting to actually get worried about him. He's never usually like this....

I mean he has his clingy moments but that's usually when it's just me and him alone. But now he's with me all the time and it's even got to a point where my dad is worried and has seen things that should never be shared between father and son. Derek has also got me wearing more of his clothes and the pack keep pointing out that I smell more and more like him everyday. No one else thinks that Derek is being weird but I know something is different and I will get to the bottom of it.

I'm actually starting to think that I might have to go and talk to Peter. I mean he knows the most about werewolves anyway. The guy was the only other born werewolf other than Derek and he always seems to have the answers we need. I preferred him dead but that didn't last long anyway and he was alive causing trouble again. But then again him being alive has came in handy a few times I guess. Yep it's decided I'm gunna go and see Peter, let's hope I live through it...

//time skip to after seeing Peter//

So that went better than expected. I only got four death threats and he actually told me something that I think is useful. He told me I must be Derek's mate. I have no idea what that means because I've never come across it in my research. Peter told me that mates are like soulmates, your one true pairing, the person you couldn't live without, the person you want to spend your life with.

I don't know what I think about it all, I mean I love Derek and want to spend my whole life with him, I just wish I knew how he felt but him being Derek, he won't say a thing about his feelings, not even in his Clingy stage he's going through.  Yes I learned Mates go through stages and when they are complete things go back to normal.

Derek is only at stage one so far. That's the clingy stage, you only want to be around your mate and no one else can go near them. That gives an explanation of his growling every time I talk to someone else. Stage two is the marking stage, he will want to cover me in marks to show me off as his. I don't mind about that too much. Stage three is him providing for me, that means he will kill and bring it to me, i just need to warn my dad about that in case I find a dead animal on my doorstep. Stage four he will start to act more normal until the next full moon. Then we have stage five, the final stage, under the full moon he will want to complete the mating bond by doing 'it'. It wouldn't be out first time, but he will knot which could leave to me getting... pregnant. It only has a 25% chance because we wouldn't be mates until after the bond and we are both males. But it could still happen.

//time skip to next day//

I've spoken to derek and he confirmed that I am his mate. I've told him I know about what to expect and he looked happy that I knew what was going on. This is going to be fun, I hope. What's the worst that could happen?

—————————————————————— I hope you enjoy. Please leave comments for suggestions and I'll be posting the next chapter as soon as it's ready.