Lekha 57

Anil ;-)

Anil ;-)

"He is so into you..." exclaimed Vaishali teasingly as soon as we reached our room and here I thought she must be dead tired and would go immediately to sleep. She must have been refreshed by the small naps she took on the way.

"He is not..." I denied hotly with my cheeks blushing pink. Sometimes Vaishali could just make a mountain out of mole hill.

"He is..."

"Not..."

"Is.."

"Noooo.... Stop it. You are just using your wild imagination ... I have no time for such things in my life" I frowned at her, now quite annoyed at her persistence.

"You are a blind person Lekha... Didn't you see how smitten he was. He kept on staring at you and I now am convinced that he burnt the night lamp learning the history of Rajasthan just to impress you..."

When I didn't reply to her silly accusations she persisted "Don't you see ... he must have heard about your love for history from Mr. Jaswani. He had met you before when he had come to deliver the money in place of Mr. Jaswani. He might be planning this for quite some time. How can you be so blind Lekha...? He had eyes for no one but you."

Chaat :D

Chaat :D

"Come on... didn't he take good care of you. He had gone all out to buy that chaat (snack) you wanted and had even walked back all that distance to the hawker despite us having crossed that place "I countered still unable to believe that Anil had any kind of infatuation for me apart from the fact that he was a person with a chivalrous attitude.

"He got two plates even though you were sleeping and held it for you while he waited for you to wake up... and maybe would have kept holding it if I had not woken you up. The man is smitten" she wiggled her brows at me naughtily. I laughed at her gesture.

"He was being polite" I said.

She shrugged her shoulders giving me a sly smile.

"You keep your opinion and I will keep mine. Let's see who wins" she said with a wicked smile.

Soon after she was off to the land of dreams snoring softly, while I couldn't sleep. The fire, the revenge and all the stories around it were history for Vaishali but for me they were incidents related to the people I loved.

Hearing the connection between the two places Rajkot and Bhangarh had convinced me of the fact that it indeed was the same Bhangarh of 'my family'. I wondered what had driven the chieftain of Rajkot whose name I knew but had not revealed to those people to avoid further questioning, to actually fall so low. It was after all his daughter's sasural (in law's place). In Rajput's the daughter's sasural was given top priority in everything and considered much above in hierarchy than even themselves.

The questions which rose out of all these stories disturbed me. Did Rudra and Roopmati finally got married and if so what could have occurred to bring out this kind of reactions from Sujan Singh (Roopmati's father). A father would not have risked his relations with his daughter's in-laws just for the sake of loyalty towards the ruler.

The doubt which burned my heart the most was 'if they didn't marry then my running away was all for nothing'. It created a hollowness inside my heart.

What happened or didn't happen was quite debatable but the most urgent part was that my family didn't know about the destruction that would be brought upon them by Sujan Singh. I had heard and seen the reality with my own eyes.

I suddenly had that urge to warn them, despite the repercussions to my heart. 

A small humble offering ... till the next update :D. Trying to make up for all the time lost ;-P