chapter 1

mackenzie -

I twitched awake to to horrible sound of my phone alarm clock, I've always hated that sound but never changed it.
I got up, groggily and made my way to my dresser and pulled out simple black leggings and a simple white shirt.

I put on my clothes and as I slipped on my last sock I heard something shatter downstairs, I could imagine a million glass pieces on the floor. I flinched at the sound and already knew what that was.

I put on my black converse sneakers and grabbed my flannel that was hanging from one of the hangers in my closet. I grabbed my hair brush and began to brush through my hair that was in knots.

I finished and went to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I applied some mascara and Chapstick. I looked at my mirror and cringed at the sight of myself. I was losing weight and the clothes were starting to look baggy on me.

I wore S in anything that size range and size 1 in jeans, Jean shorts.

I sighed, walked out and grabbed my phone,earbuds and charger. I walked downstairs and seen the past beautiful glass vase in a million pieces all over the floor. I walked around it about to walk out the door.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going you little shit!" I seen my dad standing in front of the glass. "to school" I mumbled. "First you are fucking cleaning this shit of a mess up!" He yelled and grabbed me roughly by my arm. I winced in pain and got a dustpan thrown at me, with a broom.

"I better see it spotless or you are staying the fuck home!" He spat and slammed the door that belonged to him and my moms room. I seen maddie peek her head out from upstairs and come quietly running down to me.

"I'll help you kenz" she grabs the broom and begins to sweep up the glass. I smiled and knelt down while she swept the glass onto the dustpan.

I threw the last of the glass into the garbage and put the dustpan in its place. I looked at maddie and hugged her. "We'll get out of here soon, I promise" she hugs me. "Bye mads" I chirp and she waves. I close the front door and run down to the bus stop.

"What took you so long?" Lauren says and that makes me jump. "Cleaning" I smile and she quickly nods. I look at Johnny who is with his friends standing approximately 10 feet infront of us. I hate to admit that I kind of like Johnny, even though he always insults me and Lauren. I don't know, there's something about him that makes my heart flutter.

Like just a simple smile from him can make my stomach turn into a zoo. Besides, he already has a girlfriend, her name is briana and she's much prettier than me, I mean why would he ever like me?

My thoughts are interrupted by the bus stopping and Lauren tugging on my flannel. I follow her into the bus and sit beside her. When I sit down I see that Johnny was behind me, he didn't even bother to look at me. Which kind of hurts. I wince as Lauren accidentally hits my arm when the bus starts to move.

"What's wrong kenz?" She asks concerned and gently grabs my arm and pulls up my sleeve. There's a huge bruise there. I widen my eyes and look at Lauren. She looks at me. "Did your dad do this?" She asks. I nod and nibble on my bottom lip as she hugs me.
______

After about 10 minutes of driving we finally stop infront of the school. I get up and walk out and someone pushes past me. I look at the person and notice that it's Johnny. He rolls his eyes at me and walks off. My face immediately softens up.

Why does he hate me?

I see Lauren come out of the bus and I smile. We walk into the school and to out lockers. We put our stuff in out lockers and walk off to the gymnasium. We go there every morning and sit at the bleachers. Sometimes we play with a basketball or volley ball. We sit at the bleachers and start to talk about stuff and somehow the subject to the upcoming prom.

The prom isn't until another 2 months and tons of people are already talking about it. "do you know who your going with?" I ask Lauren. "Well I was thinking we should go together!" She smiles. "Of course! We don't need boys" we giggle and the bell rings. "Ah shit we gotta go" I frown and we both hug before heading separate directions.

I make it to my science class and sit down in my assigned seat. After a few minutes more people are here. "Ok!" Mr. Field yells making me jump. Which earns a chuckle from someone behind me. "In stead of your regular partner I will be choosing assigned partners" he walks around. He starts calling off names from a paper. "Makenzie and Davis" he calls out and shrugs.

He calls out a few more names and I hear tons of movement. "Okay since Sierra and Davis aren't here Mackenzie and Johnny will be partners" he says and I freeze, I don't want to be Johnny's partner, he'll make me do everything and will keep teasing me. I feel the chair next to me move and I glance in that direction and see Johnny.

I sigh quietly and Johnny must've heard me because he looked at me and back to his book. The teacher keeps talking and I put my earbuds in making sure to hide it. I put on a random song and idfc by black bear came on, I didn't even know I had this song.

Tell me pretty lies,
Look me in the face,
Tell me that you love me,
Even if it's fake.
Cause I don't fucking care, at all.
You've been out all night, don't know where you've been, you slur in all your words, not making any sense but,
I don't fucking care, at all.

Cause I have hella feelings for you.

____________________
A U T H O R S N O T E

hi pals, I hopes you liked this 1000+ word chapter. I also hope that this book becomes successful because I think it looks pretty interesting from the cover, name and desc lolololol.

Jenzie is actual life.

I'm listening to idfc rnrn lolol

Bye buddies, hope to see u in the next chapter !! ❤️

I say "hope" way too much I need help lol bye