CHAPTER 7

Everything was completely black. His mind was foggy and he could feel the drips of blood from the open wound on his forehead. It felt light the entire room was spinning and it got worse with every bump of the car. He forced open his heavy eyelids and was awoken to the sight of his kidnapper, sitting with his back towards him in the driver's seat. He could feel something covering his lips and he could gather from his lack of mobility that he had been tied up, just like the other victims. But none of the victims had experienced blunt force trauma, though he figured that factor was specially added for the 'abusive husband' of his dear daughter. He tried to look around at his surroundings; look out the windows at the streets and see what he could spot that would tell him where he was. But he could barely see a thing, and he was too out of it to focus on much. As he could feel himself getting pulled under once again, he just hoped that Baez and his family would be able to find him before Michael could do away with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back at the Reagan home in Bay Ridge, Frank had just arrived at his home when he caught sight of the countless squad cars outside of his house. He felt his heartbeat quicken and he rushed over to the front door, marching past the countless officers covering his front lawn. He went right through the front door only to see his house filled with more chaos.

"Pop?!" he called out for his father.

"In the dining room Francis!" he heard Henry respond and he made his way into the room to find Baez sitting with his father, Linda, his grandsons, his daughter and Lt. Carver.

"Let me guess, this is about the Michael O'Shea case?" Frank asked simply, already knowing the answer to it himself.

"He broke in when we weren't here and they were asleep upstairs," Henry explained, "Danny was attacked and kidnapped. Linda heard it upstairs, came down and he was gone."

"So the plan worked," Frank gathered, "And all them are here because?"

"They're trying to gather whatever evidence they can find and see if they can try to trace Danny's cell," Linda said.

"The minute we get the tracker we're heading out to find him," Baez spoke up.

"You knew he was in here?" Frank asked turning to Linda.

"Danny told me not to do anything," she explained, but she could see Frank couldn't stop looking at her. He knew. She could tell. He knew.

"You helped them with that right?" Frank asker her.

"He asked me to help him with the set up," she explained, "To meet with him and direct him to Danny."

"How'd you manage that?" Henry asked.

"I have an idea," Frank asked.

"You know?" Linda questioned.

"I always knew," he simply stated.

"Knew what?" Henry spoke up.

"Michael O'Shea?" Frank started, "He's Linda's birth father."

"Seriously?" Henry asked her in surprise.

"Yeah it's true," Linda said sadly, "Now my birth father is a murderer who now wants to kill my husband."

"That's not on you," Frank told her genuinely and honestly.

"It's not?"

"No it's not," he stated finally, leaving no more room for negotiation.

"We got a trace!" one of the officers called from the other room, interrupting the tense conversation.