Helena

I wake up at 10am, on a Monday. I should've been at college an hour ago. I reluctantly drag myself out of bed and apply my makeup, doing my hair and quickly changing into my plaid cowboy shirt left unbuttoned over my white vest and my black skinny jeans. I live just down the road from college so I walk down casually.

I walk past all of the classrooms, looking into the windows when one catches my eye. It's Frank, looking into space, looking bored as fuck. I wave my hand and he catches my eye, snapping out of his trance. I see him mumble something and walk out of the classroom.

'Bet you $10 I can fit into this locker.' I muse, opening the door to an empty locker.

'No fricking way can you get in there.' He challenges me and I throw my bag on the floor.

'Give me a leg up.' I order, and he grabs my leg, pushing me up into the locker until I am successfully inside. 'Pay up Frankie boy!' He chuckles and helps me out of the locker, one arm around my waist.

'Right, I'm already and hour and a half late, I need to get to class.'

'I'll see you at 4, Aurora. Dress up nice.'

After College

The day went extremely slowly, but it is finally time for I suppose my first date with Frank. I glance at my clock, 3:55. 5 minutes, I apply the black eyeshadow as a finishing touch to my black dress and heeled black converse (yes, high heeled converse are a thing). Frank's truck pulls up a couple of minutes later, he's wearing a black shirt and a red tie.

'Aurora, you look... Wow.' He says, his eyes as big as saucers, I blush.

'Are you going to say that every time I get into this truck?' I mock him, scanning his appearance, perfect as usual.

'Maybe I will.' He grins.

'Well anyway, you look pretty wow too.'

'Thank you, so was your day?'

'Eh, alright. I mean, some guy bet me $10 that I couldn't get into a locker. How about yours?'

'Weird, I mean, some girl made me help her into a locker and then give her 10 bucks.' I chuckle as we pull up outside a restaurant.

'Frank this place is fancy as fuck!' I exclaim, earning a glare from an elderly couple followed by a snort from Frank. We enter and sit down. We get drinks and sit down at a table.

'May I take your order?' The young blonde waitress asks, making eyes at Frank, I feel a pang of jealousy.

'Can I please get the, uh, uhm, that thing.' He stutters, pointing at the menu, earning a giggle from me.

'And for your girlfriend?' Frank and I both turn a deep shade of red.

'I'll have the pasta thing please, the uh, tomato one, that thing.' I say, pointing at the menu also. She nods and walks away.

'See, you're no better than me at ordering stuff!' He laughs, poking my arm. I stick my tongue out at him. 'So what are your Mom and Dad like?'

'Well, my Dad used to be fucking awesome, piercings, tattoos, the works y'know. Now he's just a business man, 'cause of his wife Tracy, who's nice and all, but she just isn't my Mom.' I sigh, and he looks right into my eyes.

'If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your Mom.' He almost whispers, sheepishly.

'Erm, Helena, my Mom, she was a lot like Lyn-z actually, badass, but, yeah. Cancer.' My throat cracks on the last word, and Frank reaches out to hold my hand, rubbing his thumb along the top of it.