Chapter Thirty--Mark--The Chat (Interesting, Isn't It?)

My fast beating heart finally slowed as we walked. My stomach still ached a bit, but I suppose there wasn't anything I could do about that. I certainly wasn't about to drink the nectar that we might need for Phil.

Sean had grabbed a map from a tourist's backpack. I felt a little bad about taking it, but Sean seemed fine with it. I suppose it was natural, since he was a child of Hermes, god of thieves.

Dan had located Greylock state park on the map, and now we were headed there. It wasn't too long a walk, hopefully.

"So," I said to the both of them. "We haven't really talked about this but... who do you think took Phil?"

Sean winced. "Here's the thing. Phil was being bullied—"

"Oh no," Dan said, wheeling on Sean. "Don't turn into Chiron. Phil never would have run away. Not without saying goodbye at least."

Sean ducked his head. "I wasn't saying that! I was saying what if it was one of the bullies?"

Dan frowned and looked at the ground. "Oh. Sorry. I'm just—I'm just a little tense, you know?"

I nodded, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We all are Dan. It's okay."

We continued to walk.

"I don't think it was one of the bullies though," I said. "They don't really have any reason to get rid of Phil."

"They don't really have any reason to bully him either," Dan muttered.

"True," I nodded at Dan. "But I really think it was some outside force. A monster or something."

"But if it was just a monster," Sean noted. "Phil would already be dead. And the Leshy said that he was at Greylock. Not was."

Dan winced a bit. "You're right. It wasn't just some average monster."

"Maybe a giant?" Sean asked. I shook my head. "Don't they take like a hundred years to regenerate or something?"

Sean thought about that for a minute. "How about a titan?"

I racked my brain for information about titans. "Maybe," I mused.

"Hey guys?" Dan interrupted. "We're here."

|A/N: I'm sorry it's small. There's only two chapters left!|