Prologue Part One~Meeting the Doctor

I ran for my life. I ran block after block and hoped to find someone that could help me.

I had stolen a necklace from a guy on the street, and he was not very forgiving.

I would usually fight off a typical street man, but he was twice the size of me and was very angered. So I ran and ran and hoped my speed could outlast him.

I turned a corner and a door close. I went up to the door and knocked as hard as she could. "Hello....I need...help," I said in between huffs of air. "Please...he's....after me."

The door shot open and an arm pulled me inside. "Thank you."

"Who's chasing you," I looked up to see a tall man with brown hair combed back and a goatee.

"A man."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing," I tried to hide.

"What did you do?" the man repeated.

"Huhhh, I tried to steal a necklace."

"Where are your parents?"

"Pffft, I don't know. My mom left about five years ago."

"And your father?"

"You tell me."

"You live out on the street, don't you?"

"Yeah, what's it to you?" I said. Then a flash orropted in my mind. I saw a man bang on a door, begging to be let in. It was in another country. The man was the same one in front of me. Dang it. I read his mind. I had been trying not to do that lately.

"Hey, are okay?" he put his hand on my shoulder. I realized I had backed against the wall and I was breathing heavily.

"Ah, yeah. I'm fine."

"Here. Sit down," he lead me to a couch. I always got so tired when that happened. I sat down and passed out.