Chapter One~Hawkins

"Aurora," Wong called me.

"In here," I said and popped out of my closet.

"There you are. Your father needs you."

"Ok, I'll be right there." I finished putting my books away and went to find my father. I walked along the empty hallway. I smiled and remembered being completely lost the first time I came here. Now I knew everything about the building. I knew where every turn went and where all the secret passages where.

"You needed me?" I walked into the main room where my father spent most of his spare time.

"Yes. There is a disturbance in a small city called Hawkins. The magnitude levels there are of the chart."

"Do you want me to do some research on the place?"

"No. I want you to go there."

"Okay, I'll go pack some things. When do we leave?"

"That's the thing. I' really busy with other missions and with training the new recruites. I need you to alone."

"Alone.." I looked at him, dumbfounded. I have been on a mission alone. He never let me and if something went wrong I could have someone to rely on.

"You are old enough and you can defend yourself if something goes wrong."

"I...I know but what am I supposed to do?"

"I just want you to see what is going on over there. See what the townspeople know. Don't get involved with any form of government. If something seems off then you will report it back to me," he said. "And you will text me every night to make sure you are okay."

"When do I leave?"

"Whenever you can, but no later than 2:00. I want you to be settled. I am going to give you $800 dollars for hotel rooms and food only. Do you understand?"

"Yes," I said and I turned to go pack my things. "Wow," I thought to myself. "$800 dollars."

Once I was done packing I went to go say bye.

"Here's the money," my dad gave me an envelope. "I expect change."

"Alright. I promise I won't spend it on anything useless."

"And I expect a text from you tonight."

"Alright."

"Here's a picture of Hawkins." He handed me a photo. I studied it and focussed. I held my left hand up with my sling ring on and waved my right hand. A gateway to Hawkins opened up.

"Bye," I said and I walked through to Hawkins.