Footsies

(Song for the chapter is Feels by Kiiara)

Eddie hopped out of bed Monday morning. He hated school but he was exited because he was going to him. Eddie was extremely nervous about seeing him also though. How would he explain his relationship with Richie to the other boys? WOULD THE GROUP BE BACK TOGETHER?! Oh he was so exited...but nervous.

He walked outside and hopped into Mikes car. "Well you look chipper." Mike said

"Haha yes I guess I am!"

"What's got you like this?" Ben asked.

Shit. Should he tell them? No he should keep it a surprise, he and Richie can revel it together. "All I can say is things will change today" Eddie said with a smile.

The boys walked into school and parted to go to their first period. Eddie sat through chemistry daydreaming of Richie and the relationship they were going to have.

When the bell rang Eddie got up from his chair and walked to his locker. Across the hallway he saw them. It didn't make sense. How could Richie be kissing Amanda? Maybe it was goodbye kiss? No that's ridiculous. He couldn't believe this, but it made sense. This was just like that night a couple summers ago.

"Hey bud!" Ben said coming up to Eddies locker.

"Hi." Eddie said meekly.

"Woah...what happened to you, you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"I have." Richie was ghost. He was so far away but here at the same time.

"Woah are you serious?" Ben asked with his eyes winding.

"No Ben." Eddie said annoyed.

"Oh? Haha well what happened? You were so happy this morning."

"Happiness isn't real Ben. Not really."

"Woah...have you been watching those soap operas?"

"Oh my gosh Ben NO." He had though, they were pretty good.

"Okay well I hope you feel better. And happiness is real. I've seen you happy. But too be honest...I haven't seen you truly happy since our 3 group was a 7 group."

"I know..." Eddie whispered. "Do you miss them? I feel like I took them away from you."

"We did what was right at the time. But it has been 3 years. Yeah, I miss them."

"I'm sorry Ben. Maybe we can fix that." Eddie said with a smile.

-

Eddie walked into the lunch room and saw Mike and Ben throwing food at each other. "Hey guys, would you wanna sit somewhere else today?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah I would." Ben said with a smile. Mike just looked confused. The three took their lunches and walked over to Stan, Bev, and Bill.

"Hey guys. Would it be cool if we sat with you?" Eddie asked nervously.

"Of c-course." Bill stuttered.

"There is room for all of us." Bev said giving her classic smile.

The boys sat down and for the first 5 minutes everything was great. It felt like the three of them never left.

"Oh my gosh...Amanda just came too school drunk and she was throwing up in the bathroom so I had to drive her home." Richie said as he sat down.

"That's our Amanda." Bev said with a laughs

"Sounds unfortunate." Eddie said slightly passive aggressive.

"Oh hi." Richie said looking into Eddies eyes. "OH HI! Mike and Ben!" He said looking around. "What the fuck is up dudes?" Richie said doing some type of bro shake everyone knew how too do except Eddie. "So like... what's going on?"

"We just decided to sit here. Is that a problem?" Eddie asked staring down.

"No no not at all!" Richie said.

"Is this like a permanent thing?" Stan asked.

"Well...it can be. If that's okay with you guys." Ben said shyly.

"Yeah. It is." Bill said as the group smiled.

"So... does this mean the losers are back?" Richie said with a goofy smile.

"Yes." Mike pitched in. The group smiled exited for the days and memories to come. Which they already started making. After school the group biked down to the Barrens. They talked like they had been together yesterday. Everyone felt whole again.

Richie and Eddie didn't talk as much which was very unusual for the talkative boys. They would pitch in a conversation but other then that they would just listen and give each other side glances.

The gang decided to bike to Derry's Pizzeria. They got the biggest table inside and sat down. Somehow Richie and Eddie were seated across from each other.

"So what are you guys getting?" Richie asked.

"Pepperoni." Ben, Eddie, and Stan all said.

"Sausage." Said Bill and Mike.

"Pineapple." Said Bev.

"Seriously Bev? Every time?" Richie said full of disgust.

"It's delicious!"

"It doesn't belong!"

"You can't change me Tozier! It belongs!" Bev yelled across the table as the group laughed. The group suddenly got into a huge debate about pineapple pizza. While Ben was telling everyone why pineapple pizza is godly, Eddie felt something touch his foot. It was just Richie's leg, probably an accident.

A couple minutes go by and it happens again. Richie keeps doing it, rubbing and kicking his feet against Eddie. This was disgusting. Eddie knew Richie did not wash his shoes. "Stop it." Eddie whispered. Richie took this as some type of challenge and kicked harder. "Stopppp." Eddie hissed. He didn't stop. "Richie your shoes are disgusting stop!" He whispered.

"Make me" Richie giggled. So Eddie did he kicked Richie back. Hard. "Dude what the fuck?" Richie laughed.

"You said to make you." Eddie said with a smirk.

"Oh you're going to get." Richie said as they kicked each other harder. The two started laughing drawing attention to themselves.

"Are...you guys playing footies?" Stan asked.

"No" Richie and Eddie said at the same time breaking their legs apart.

"They so were!" Bev giggled making Richie and Eddie uncomfortable. Once the gang finished their pizza they parted their ways and rode home.

Eddie walked into his room and fell into his bed. What a day. He doesn't know how to feel. He will have to be around Richie a lot now, which he thought would be a good thing. But he's still dating Amanda. But he played footsies with him? He was angry, upset, and happy all at the same time. Eddie fell asleep wishing he and Richie were far away from this town, together.

-
-
Hey :) I added the pineapple pizza cause you guys were debating it in the comments. My opinion: its fucking delicious. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter! - Carly