By The Window

I sat there, staring out the window of the train leading us back to our homes , away from Hogwarts...It was our last trip on this train as a student.The war was over and Harry finally killed Voldemort, and everyone was happy.. except me.
The students who survived from our year had come back to finish off their '8th' year , and were now on the way back home..They were all happy, as now a new life awaited them, no school,no N.E.W.T.s,no exams ,no homework,nothing ..just a stress free life..they were all happy..but not me ...

I sat there alone in my compartment with headphones in both ears , staring out..and then these lyrics made my heart churn..
"I still remember the look on your face
Lit through the darkness at 1:58
The words that you whispered
For just us to know
You told me you loved me
So why did you go away?
Away
But now I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is
I don't know how to be something you miss
I never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips"
Before I knew it, I was remembering that last kiss......
*Flashback*

I walked down the corridor, more like jogged, as I was anxious to meet him... disturbing thoughts flooded my mind..
'what if he doesn't come?' ' what if he decides that we aren't meant to be?'
' what if he breaks up with me?' 'what if...'
My thoughts came to an abrupt stop when I banged into someone and felt warm, strong arms scoop me up just before I fell to the ground, saving me.
I looked up to see his handsome face, smiling down at me.
I smile and hug him, saying,"you came..I thought you won't ...I was so worried!"
He just hugged me tighter and said,"I love you Hermione..I won't ever leave you."
I looked up at him and said," I love you too , Draco"
We walked in silence, hand in hand , until we reached the double doors of the great Hall. We stopped just outside it, hearts thundering in our chests.
"This is it. We make our relationship public."
I took a deep breath and said," yeah...oh Draco I'm scared!"
"There's nothing to worry about, sweetheart, as long as I'm with you, no one can hurt you."
That sent butterflies dancing in my stomach. I smiled at him and we both pushed the doors open.
As soon as we entered, a hush sounded over the crowd.. everyone was looking at us with big, round eyes..
"D-draco... I - they're staring at us!"
He just walked to the center of the hall and pulled me in front of him and said," Good. That's what we want ain't it?"
He pulled me closer and I remember melting into his kiss....
Around us people started cheering at clapping. But suddenly,a cry sounded at the back of the hall..
"It's 'em!You-know-who and 'is army!!"
We turned around to see Hagrid huffing at the door.
Draco looked at me and said,"My love, we now go into battle. I will fight beside you. Promise me you would meet me once it's all over."
The pleading in his eyes made my heart crush..we both knew, I could die as I was Harry Potters best friend...but I decided.. I won't die .. for Draco
"I promise "
Then we separated...
*Flashback ends*
I find myself choking on unshed tears and then for the thoudsanth time, I cried .. I cringed at the memory...
*Flashback*
The war just ended, Harry finally killed Voldemort and everyone was relieved. I rushed over to find Draco, who was standing at one end of the battle ground.. he'd fought on our side...
I neared him, just a few feet away now. I was so lost in him that I hardly heard the spell flying toward me. Then it all happened in slow motion..
Draco's eyes widened and he dashed forward and pushed me aside. A green powerful spell hit him square in the chest and he fell back on me.
I screamed and pulled him up , so that his head was on my lap.
"Draco ! Draco no! Draco!"
He smiled up at me , cupped my cheek in one hand and said in a raspy
voice," I love you..I - I .... "
And his hand felt heavy as it dropped to my shoulder, and his eyes glassed over... I could feel him drift away from me...
"NO!!!DRACO!! PLEASE STAY WITH ME!"
I remember someone saying something to me while I cried next to Draco..but didn't care... I had just lost my love.
*Flashback ends*
All I could think about was his sweet smile and his strong, protective hands that saved me every time I fell in trouble... He saved me from dying.. why did he do that?!
"I kept my promise Draco. I came back."
The words flew out of my mouth, hoping that he'd hear them..
"But why did you g-go away?"