Marriage Arrangement

For early chapters of all my books, please go to Radish. You can find me under the same username as on Wattpad :D Even if you don't buy chapters, you can still read them for free four weeks prior to Wattpad updates.

Vincenzo came back every second or third day, and when there were little customers, he'd talk to Angelo.

Unlike the first time, it was Vincenzo who talked most of the time and Angelo just listened. Although sometimes, he asked Angelo to tell him about his trips.

He had been a regular at a different bar a few blocks away, but due to renovations, the bar had been temporarily closed down, and Vincenzo had had no choice but to change bars.

It was pure coincidence that he'd chosen this bar, but the moment he'd seen the beautiful bartender, he'd known instantly that this would be his new favourite bar.

He'd been honestly surprised to find out that Angelo was gay, but it had been a pleasant surprise. It meant he had a real chance with him.

To his dismay, Angelo's heart already belonged to someone else, but from what Angelo had told him, he wasn't in a relationship. He hadn't seen the man for a couple of years, and it didn't look like Angelo had any intention of seeing him again.

"When do you have a day off?" he asked Angelo. After three weeks of coming to Blue Sky, he thought it was alright to invite Angelo without appearing too pushy.

"This Saturday. Why?"

"I thought we could go out drinking."

"That wouldn't be much different from what we're doing," Angelo commented. They were in a bar and there was drinking involved, too. At least on Vincenzo's part.

"It would be different. You wouldn't be on the other side of the counter."

Angelo paused for a second. "I don't drink outside."

Vincenzo didn't ask for the reason because he didn't think it held any importance. Some people were bad drunks so he imagined Angelo's case was similar.

"Then perhaps dinner? I know a great Thai restaurant nearby." Vincenzo hoped he wouldn't get rejected a second time in five minutes. "You can tell me how authentic it is since you've been to Thailand. I'd like to know if I'm getting my money's worth."

There was no harm in going, Angelo thought to himself. Besides, except for work, he didn't leave his house often, so socialising once in a while would be a good change of pace.

"You're paying," Angelo said with a glint in his eye as though he was joking, but Vincenzo agreed to pay. "It's my treat," he said.

***

"Do you remember the florist I told you about?" Angelo's mother asked. She'd become friends with a local florist, and liked to spend hours talking to her about the most trivial things.

"How can I not?" Angelo responded. "You've been talking about her a lot."

"And did I tell you she has a daughter?"

"Not again," Angelo whined. Ever since he'd returned home, his mother had been trying to introduce him to some girls she knew, most of them being daughters of her friends.

She'd been worried that he hadn't got over Dante yet because in those two years he'd been away from home, he hadn't had a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend, for that matter.

He'd told his mother many times that he didn't wish for her to play a matchmaker, but she just couldn't help it.

Like every mother, she wanted grandchildren. But more than that, she wanted to see her children happy and settled down.