Ramona

"Jackson! Breakfast!" DJ yells as she serves me and Max pancakes. Jackson comes down the stairs groggily and slumps down in his chair next to me, i watch him almost drop his head all over his sticky pancakes until i stop his head from dripping with my head. "Ooh! My turn!" Max says as he's about to drop his head too before i drop my fork and stop his head with my other hand. Why did i pick to sit with Sleepy and Messy? Stephanie helps Max as DJ helps Jackson as i go back to eating my pancakes.

"Jackson, why are you so sleepy? What time did you go to bed?" DJ asks wiping some syrup off his chin.

"I dunno." Jackson replies as he's about to doze off again.

"Max." DJ says as she turns to her younger son, "What time did he stay up?"

Max gives an "apologetic" look towards Jackson and says "I'm sorry bro," and then he turns and whispers towards me "Who am i kidding?" Then he turns back to DJ and sits up as if he's giving a whole speech;
" At 9:30 when you told us lights out he got out his phone and started texting Lola. And then, at approximately 10:45 he FaceTimed Bobby and talked about some girls and jumping off another shed. And then from 11 to 1 he was watching some Dude Perfect videos."
I just watch Max wide eyed as he sits back at his seat while DJ is hot headed at Jackson. She pulls Jackson outside to talk to him while Stephanie brings out something.
"Wait, Max, if you knew what Jackson was doing this whole time, doesn't that mean you were awake too?" I give a suspicious look at Max as he tells Stephanie that he has a hidden camera by Jacksons bed stand. Stephanie fist pumps him as we finish our breakfast.

Meanwhile, DJ comes back inside with Jackson in front of her.
"Ramona, you have a job for the next two weeks," DJ announces, i stand up reluctantly as i walk up to her. "Keep an eye on Jackson throughout all of school and that he will not talk to Lola or Bobby, since he had all night to do that." Jackson interrupts and says "Mom, really!?" DJ gives the death stare at him and adds "Actually he can't talk to anyone but you." I then remind DJ that he barely has any classes with me, but she says that she called the principal to change his schedule for the rest of the year so that he would have all his classes with me- that was the big game changer. Jackson stares at DJ wide eyed and jaw dropped, to be honest, i wanted to take a picture of him looking so priceless. Max claps his hands and starts singing, Kimmy and Stephanie watch him dance around me and Jackson. DJ then acts like nothing happened and told us to have a great day at school. Jackson rolls his eyes as we walk out the door next to each other, when DJ is out of sight, he doesn't try to rebel and run over to Bobbys house, he stays put with me.

"Really?!" I ask looking at him.
"What?"
"You're not going to rebel or something?"
He shakes his head as i smirk at him as we keep walking. We then spot some kids from school who are huge gossip girls, Jackson then panics, worried that they might think he's cheating on Lola with her best friend which is- me. He quickly pulls me behind a bush and gives me his hoodie and a baseball cap from his bag.
"Put this on you," he says scrambling on trying to put the hoodie on me.
"What!? Why?!" I ask.
"I don't want them getting the wrong picture!" He whisper-yells back.
I just nod and in 5 minutes we're walking out while I'm suffocating in his hoodie that smells just like his cologne. I have to say- it smells pretty good. I scrunch my nose so that Jackson won't get the wrong impression that I'm actually enjoying this. We almost make it to the school just getting past Bobby and his friends. I run to the nearest girls bathroom as Jackson waits for me outside, i hear him say "Im waiting for Lola." Which seems to fool people. I come out and toss his stuff back to him as we walk to first period Math. People give us weird looks and some whisper amongst themselves. We ignore them and soon take our seat, Jackson doesn't even bother trying to sit with one of Bobbys friends, he just sits next to me. Lunch comes quickly and we sit at Lola and Bobbys table aka "The Populars Table" i sit in between Jackson and Bobby with Lola across from me. Lola gives me a weird look but i just mouth "I'll tell you later" and she nods. Then Bobby tries talking to me.
"Ramona," i turn my attention to him and nod.
"Can i talk to you- ahem- alone?" He asks, i hesitantly look back at Jackson and stand up and follow him to a nearby deserted hallway.
"Whats up?" I ask, but before i could say anything he smashes his lips into mine. I pull away quickly and slowly walk away.
"Whats up with you? You backed out so quickly!" He yells. I turn around and tell him "I'm not sure if i wanna keep on doing this," gesturing me and him. I walk away and leave him there in that hallway. He whispers "I love you" and i just run back into the cafeteria. Lola asked me whats wrong and i just shake my head, Jackson gives me a look that says the same thing Lola said, i whisper to him "I'll tell you at home," just then Bobby comes and puts his arm around me then gives Jackson the death stare. I sympathetically look at Jackson. The rest of the day Lola hasn't talked to me or Bobby except the occasional kiss on the cheek or "Hey". Now, i find myself walking back home with Jackson. As we go up to our rooms i start homework and then chill and scroll on my school profile page that has alot of "school appropriate" stuff on it, but its not like they're's teachers monitoring the site, none of my teachers knew there was one. I then hear a knock on my door. Jackson. He cracks the door open and sits on my bed. I just give him a look.
"What?" I ask
"What happened between you and Bobby?" He asks moving over an inch more.
"Nothing." He clearly knows that something happened and gives me another look.
"Fine!" I groan and explain what happened. Jackson looks hot headed as if he was mad at Bobby, just then we both receive text messages from a group chat formed by Lola with Bobby in it as well.

LolaGirl😘- Hey
Popko😎- Whats up?
RamonaGibbler👯- Nm you guys?
JMoney🤑- Nothing much.
LolaGirl😘- Texting
Popko😎- Not much
RamonaGibbler👯- 👍🏻
LolaGirl😘- r u in the same room as Jackson rn??
RamonaGibbler👯- yes??
JMoney🤑- y?
Popko😎- u better keep ur hands to urself man!

Just then, Jackson pokes me on the shoulder.

JMoney🤑- 😳😳😳
Popko😎- nah im messing with u bruh jk jmoney!😡😉
RamonaGibbler👯- 😂😂😂
LolaGirl😘- so whos up for double date on Saturday???
RamonaGibbler👯- uhm...
Popko😎- were coming! Thx btw😉😁
RamonaGibbler👯- sure i guess we're going! 😊👍🏻💜
LolaGirl😘- Jackson??😘❤️💛💚💙💜💗💖💘💝💕💞
Popko😎- 🤢
RamonaGibbler👯- 😂😂😂
JMoney🤑- 👍🏻❤️💚💙💛💝💕💞💗💘
LolaGirl😘- 😁💜❤️💙💚😉😍
RamonaGibbler👯- well gtg see u tomorrow!
LolaGirl😘- k ttyl
Popko😎- bye ❤️💜💙💚😘💘💖💕💝💞💗
JMoney🤑- gtg bye
LolaGirl😘- bye Jackson 😘❤️💜

Me and Jackson drop our phones and lie down on my bed on opposite sides, we just sigh and look up at the ceiling. I try blowing the strand of hair off my face to past time.

"What am i supposed to do?!" Jackson says still staring at the ceiling.
"What do you mean?" I ask
"How am i supposed to go on a date and not talk to my date!?" He flips over and faces me.
"Well, you can tell them the truth?" I knew he wasn't going to take that for an answer.
"Nah," called it. He just looks at me and stares at my heart locket.
"What?" I ask touching my locket.
"Nothing, Nothing." I nod as he still stares at the locket. "Who gave it to you?" I look down at my necklace and take it off, i open it and show him the picture inside of me and Bobby. His facial emotion changes as he stares at it.
"What?" I ask putting the necklace aside.
"It-it-its nice." He answers. I nod and just look at him.
"What are you gonna do?" I ask
"I'll just talk to you i guess," he replies hopelessly.
"If DJ allows you to go." I add in
"Right, forgot about that." He sits up and i move over next to him.
"We can't sneak out." He says confidently, i give him an odd glance. "Since when were you a good guy?" He shrugs. We just laugh and then stare at each other, the gaze goes on until we almost lean in until we hear Max coming up the stairs. Jackson runs into my closet and hides in there. Max says hi as he hops on my bed and asks "Hey where's Jackson?" I shrug and ask him to grab some chips for movie night, he agrees and once he leaves i tell Jackson its safe to come out. We both head downstairs for our movie night...