{12}

A/N: A DOUBLE UPDATE??? Who is she???? - btw..appreciate the reference !! Comment when you see it!!

Finn's POV
My hands gently caress Millie's check as we all ride in Caleb's Lincoln van. We couldn't take her to the hospital, at the risk of an investigation breaking out of why her guardian wasn't helping help.
I rock Millie back and forth and try to calm her. Her whimpering was as loud as ever, and she wouldn't stop shaking. Her tears fell fast and I wanted nothing more but to connect our lips and make her body forget all the pain it was enduring, but I knew it wasn't the right moment.
  "Um...can we talk about something...please?" Gaten says as he looks back at us.
  "Yea how about the fact that none of you told me your connection with Millie." Noah blurts out as he throws his hands in the air.
  "Noah, it's not the time for that." Caleb says as he continues to focus on the road.
  "Never seems to be." Noah mutters  under his breath as he just leans against the window. Everyone goes silent again.
  "How about how Sadie and Caleb found Millie in the first place. No one goes in the janitor closet unless they want privacy...but why would you guys possibly want privacy. Back me up Finn." I don't speak, as I'm still holding Millie tight in my arms.
  "Look obviously there's a lot in the air...can we just talk about when we get home." Everyone agrees and sits in silent for the rest of the ride.
-
The car pulls up to my house and I notice Josh and Chloe aren't home. I let out a loud sigh and throw my head back. We could really use Chloe's help, and Josh's advise.
As the van comes to a stop, Everyone unbuckles their seat belts and get out, everyone except me and Millie. I lift her up and she lets out a groan, making me lay her back in my lap. Caleb puts the two middle seats down and climbs in to help me.
"Alright, on the count of three, lift her up. Gaten come help." Gaten climbs into the car and gets in position to help Millie. Noah stands off to the side with a somber look on his face, like he knew how rude he was being. Sadie stood beside him but looked worried, bitting her nails and jittering inside her layers of clothes.
"Alright Finn pay attention." Caleb says as he snaps me or of my thoughts. I focus on the girl in my arms and prepare to lift her.
"Alright baby girl this might hurt." I whisper as I shift her in my arms. She lets out a low groan and I let out a breath like laugh.
"One..two...three go." On three, I lift Millie up and set her in Caleb and Gaten's arms. She lets out a small shout and my heart tenses up.
"Be careful, she's hurt." I say to my friends as I spot them, making sure they don't fall with her in their arms.
Once out the van, we close the doors and make it too the house. Gaten and Caleb still carrying her. We walk in and walk to the living room, setting her down on one of the couches. Her breath quickens and she shivers. I frantically look around for a cover and pillow. When I spot both of the items, I snatch them and give them to Gaten. He sets the pillow under her head, and I lay the covers over her. I gently stroke her cheek with my thumb as I start whisper under my breath.
"It's ok..you're ok.." I don't bother to take my eyes off of her, too afraid of her getting hurt again. Im going to protect her, if it is the last thing I do. I can't let her get hurt anymore..not on my watch, not while she's mine.
  "Finn..come chat real quick." Sadie says as she peaks her head out from the kitchen. I get up from besides Millie and walk to where all my friends are gathered. I hop up on the counter and grip it tightly with my hands. I knew they were gonna bombard each other with questions, and I don't think I was really prepared.
  "Noah, you may calmly, ask Finn your question." Sadie says as she emphasizes the work calmly.
  "This question is for all of you. When the fuck did you guys grow so fond of Millie." Noah says, actually in his most calm voice ever.
"Since Finn and her have been talking. Look we came over here while she was here and she just popped up. She's not that bad, actually she's not bad at all. I'd like to think she's my best friend." Sadie yells Noah as she shrugs and brushes it off like it's nothing.
"You guys could have told me."
"Yea...because we were totally gonna tell you that a girl you deeply hate was now secretly part of our friend group. You practically went off on her, for what? I don't know because I can't remember because is that irrelevant." Caleb whisper yells at Noah, cautiously trying to not wake Millie up. Although it was more yelling then whisper.
"Guys shut the hell up. Noah the moral of the fucking story is that Millie is our friend. If you don't like her then you honestly you can fuck off. Yea she wasn't our biggest fan before, but now we have come to grow an interest to her. You don't know her, you haven't hung with her, and you've certainly never had a conversation with her. So FUCK OFF AND LEAVE HER ALONE." The last part comes out aggressively. I walk off into the living room and sit on the floor, at the same level as Millie. I place my hand on her cheek and stare into her sleeping eyes.
"Millie they don't understand...they don't understand how much I care about you. But screw them right." I whisper to Millie as I ran my fingers through her soft brown hair.
  "Noah..he's your best friend right?" I look back at Gaten who stood by the glass table.
  "Yea I mean..I don't know." I say as I look back at Millie.
  "It's fine I get it. I didn't get here till the fourth grade, he had the advantage of living next door, but none of that matters. What matters is that he is your best friend. And then this girl shows up and starts living in your room, and all you ever wanna do is pay attention to her"
  "That's not true." I snap back
  "Yes it is! And you know it, and he knows it. But no one ever says anything until you both start punching and yelling at each other, like goblins with intelligent scores of zero. Now everything's weird." Gaten says as he throws his hands up in the air.
  "He's not my best friend." I simply say.
  "Ha, Yea right."
  "I mean he is but, so are you..and so is Caleb and Sadie." I mention to him as I turn my body towards him.
  "You can't have more then one best friend."
  "Says who?!" I yap.
  "Says logic."
  "Well I call bull on your logic..cause you're my best friend too.
  "..okay." Gaten simply says. I look back at Millie and notice that her breathing is steady and that she isn't shaking nor whimpering anymore. I smile to myself and run my fingers through her hair, knowing that's the only kind of affection I can give her at the moment.
"Finn.." I turn my head and hum in response as a familiar voice calls to me. I look to see Noah standing by Gaten's side; Caleb and Sadie behind them.
"Oh...just you." I turn back to Millie and study her face some more.