Chapter 1

(Before transferring to True Cross)

Reader's p.o.v.

They're watching me. I know they see me. I probably look insane to them, but I need to find him. "Where are you? I don't see you." I mutter quietly, hoping no one hears. There's no reply. I'm getting worried. I raise a hand and get excused to the bathroom. I need to escape this classroom. I get there and go to the closest stall. I just need for no one to be around. 

I'm looking for my friend who's helped me against those thoughts so many times. Matthew Williams, or Canada. He understands me well. He know what it feels like to be forgotten and invisible. 

I decide to go back to the classroom and exit the bathroom. I walk slowly down the hall.

I'm getting weird looks from a few passing students now. They don't understand. They're afraid. They must be. It's human nature to be afraid of the unknown. 

Of me.

I sigh. My eyes are heating up. I look down

Blink it away. Blink it away. Don't let them see.

"(Y/n), can you hear me?" 

I lift my gaze and breathe a sigh of relief.

"You had me so worried, Canada. I hear you now."

"Thank goodness. What happened there? I was answering you." Canada's soft voice sounds relieved too. I guess I scared him.

"I don't know. I couldn't feel you there. I couldn't see you anywhere. Where are you?" I'm starting to ramble aren't I? I don't want to worry him too much. I don't want to be more of a burden.

"I'm in the classroom now. I don't know how, but I ended up two rooms over all the sudden. I'm here now." Canada sighs. He sounds like he's hoping I give a laugh or something.

I get back to my seat and sigh again. Canada walks over and lightly rubs my shoulder. I give a small nod after checking to make sure no one was watching. At least it's last period. I can go home soon.

"(Y/n)?" Canada quietly calls. I tilt my head slightly to let him know I'm listening.

"What went through this time?" The question bites me as he asks. I know he wants to help, but I'm scared and even Canada can't help with that completely. 

I take a deep breathe and mentally respond, "Everyone hates me. They want me dead. They think I'm a monster." I tense with every word.

"I wish I could say that's not at all true, but that wouldn't help would it?" I give a small nod. I don't want him to force himself to lie to me. I'll just tell him otherwise.

"Not everyone thinks that though. They only think anything like that because you don't show them otherwise. Just give a little smile. Please?" Canada's giving me that face. The sweeter than sugar face. With those eyes. The innocent child eyes. I try to give him a little smile, but my face hardly changes. I try again, but the muscles just can't do it. 

"Still can't do it?" He asks sadly. I look down at my hands.

"Don't worry about it. It'll make you feel worse." Canada holds his arms up slightly, hands open. He's asking if it's okay to hug me. I drop my shoulders a little look more toward my desk. I nod with as little movement as possible. I feel his warmth as he gives me a small awkward hug, as I'm still sitting. He stays there for an extra few moments, gives me a tight squeeze, and lets go. My eyes are heating up again and that strange ache in my nose tell me I'm close to tears. I take a few deep breathes and calm down before the teacher notices. I'm glad I sit alone in the back corner.