Pt.2

Pebbles bounced against the sidewalk, caught between the concrete and the rubber soles of shoes dragging across the pavement. It felt like it had been ages ago that you left your nest, also known as your apartment, but alas, it was only a few minutes ago. You suddenly regret not getting coffee.

Your hand reached out of your pocket to cover the approaching yawn, leaving the warmth of your hoodie to suddenly face the cold of the outside. Only then did it dawn on you how cold it was, and how early you forced yourself to get up to face the outside world. You bitterly thought about what you could possibly be doing instead, but the bitterness quickly vanished as you realized your motive for getting up so early in the morning.

A game you had been wanting for a while was on sale, and there was no way in hell that you would pass up such a once in a lifetime opportunity. You had considered the possibility of it running out, so you got up at a time you deemed necessary and sluggishly began your walk towards the store.

Your tired state was quickly, if only for a second, completely awoken as you watched dozens of bodies exit the very store you had gotten up so early to enter. You bolted towards it as you once again considered the possibility; there was no way so many people had woken up for this, right? Then again, you had, so what were the chances that others wouldn't have the same idea as you?

You pushed through the relatively small crowd and pulled open the glass door, your eyes hurriedly scanning the aisles of video games in search of the one you wanted, no, needed to purchase. You were not about to waste all of your sleep and not get this game that you sacrificed your health, body, and soul for.

Your eyes somehow spotted the familiar cover only to have your heartbeat stop for a fraction of a second. There was one left.

You never felt your feet react this quickly, and you quickly reached the desired aisle as you triumphantly scanned the game. It was indeed the last one, and you never felt this lucky in your life. However, that victory was soon dimmed as you reached over to grab it and your hand made contact with another.

You looked over and spotted a very, very familiar face. In fact, you recognized him so quickly that you hurriedly retracted your hand away from his, holding it close to your chest. The man snickered and grabbed the game for himself, waving it in front of your face as he mocked your situation. "Aw.. Is this, by any chance, the item you're looking for?" You looked down, suddenly finding the design of your shoes more important than the situation at hand.

"Ah! And it looks like it's the last one.." He pretended to look around the shelves even though he clearly knows that it is, in fact, the last one, before turning his gaze back to you, "Hmm, what a shame, considering I got to it first."

He grinned as you glared at him with the intensity of a thousand suns, and he didn't seem at all intimidated, nor did he seem to pity you. He waved it closer to your face, then proceeded to dance around with it in hand.

"If you're going to mock me this much, I'm gonna leave, Jungkook." This seemed to snap him back to reality as he frowned, letting his hands fall to his sides. Realizing how much you wanted this game, and how much of a fangirl he remembered you were, he was actually going to give it back to you, before he flashed a grin as it appeared with an idea.

"Oh god, I know that face," you pointed out, taking a few steps back, "you have an idea, and I'm not going to like it." He ignored your comment as he said his idea slowly, for suspense, you supposed,

"How about..." he started, holding the game up and pointing between it and you, "...we share?"

You scoffed, there was no, no, no way you were going to share. That meant having to constantly meet up, which meant having to see him more often, which was a big nope on your side. You weren't even expecting to see him ever again before the accidental encounter yesterday.